Before I get started let me get a bunch of thanks out of the way. First and obviously foremost is to Thomas Jones for taking the time to sit down with me. I would also like to thank Colin Longwoth and Carla Oglesby, Thomas Jones' reps, who were both extremely nice and easy to work with. Finally, to Sandy Everett, the owner of Tidewater Sports and Collectibles, who originally allowed use of his facilities for the interview and put me in contact with Mr. Longworth.
Now, let me also apologize for the length of time it took to get this up. The interview actually took place in a pizzeria, after they had finished lunch, so my recording features a fair amount of plates and silverware clanking and what I believe is a Bonnie Tyler song in the background.
Two quick notes on the interview, first the questions you see here are the questions I asked, but not exactly the way I phrased them. I had read them so many times, I more or less used them just as guidelines. I believe I used two or the questions that you suggested.
Also, again due to the background noise, the answers might not be the exact verbage. It is close enough, but I might have missed a few words here and there. Now, on to the interview.
1) Aside from the end result, last year was a very successful year for the Bears. Personally, how happy were you with the year you had?
2) The Chicago Bears are known for two things, middle linebackers and running backs. How much pride do you take in being on a team that has had names like Payton and Sayers?
3) You came to Chicago after playing for a year in Tampa Bay. Compare the difference in playing for Lovie Smith and playing for Jon Gruden.
4) A lot of players use bulletin board material, music or tell themselves that the other team doesn't respect them as a means to get pumped for a game. Do you use outside stimuli or is the game itself enough to get you motivated?
5) At times with an almost lack of a passing game the burden of the offense fell to you. How much do you think the potential of having Rex Grossman back for a full season and now having Brain Griese as a backup will help your production?
6) Your brother plays for the Cowboys. Do the two of you talk often after games? Do you compare stats, maybe do some trash talking?
7) The Bears pick 26 in this year's draft, do you follow the draft? Any position or specific player you would like to see them take with that pick?
8) One of the big differences between this past year and the year prior is the injuries. This past season the team was able to stay healthy for the most part. What did the team and trainers do differently starting last year that helped keep guys healthy?
9) Just some quick hits
Favorite music- Rap. Jeezy, right now
Before game superstitions- I were the same shoes, I put my pants on the same way. I go through the same ritual every game.
Favorite Jersey: Home, Away, All Blue, Alternate Orange- Orange, I like the orange.
Chicago fans world wide are going to have party when Brett Favre retires. Can we count on seeing you there?
10) Odds the Bears win the Super Bowl this year?
There it is, guys. Hopefully, you enjoyed it and I hit on some topics of interest to you.