Whether you like it or not, be prepared or Bernard to get the franchise tag. The franchise tag for receivers will be $7.84 million, and the transition tag will be $6.87 million. Either of these are options. Here's the reasons why.
- You know Angelo is going to try to keep Grossman and Grossman loves to throw to Berrian deep. No crying here, it is what it is and everyone is going to just have to deal with it.
- Jerry will probably shop Berrian the same way he did Briggs last year. Hey, why not. If someone wants to give you a 1st and 3rd rounder. We'll take it.
- We have too many holes to fill already. We need solid starters on the OL, RB, QB, and S. Loosing Berrian, "this year would be too much."
- Even though they may want Hester to be a number 1, he isn't ready. One more year should be enough time to find out if it is possible or not.
- Hester is more dangerous with Berrian on the other side as a deep threat to help draw safeties.
- Jerry drafted him.
- Yes it is a lot of money, but it is only one year. Sometimes you sacrifice overspending for one year so your team doesn't fall completely off the map. With the season we had this year, Angelo is smart enough not to further deteriorate an offense that needs serious help.