Well Here we go. We are going to try and see if the Bears play better on Thursday instead of Sunday. If the Bears could not run the ball in previous games it should be interesting Tonight. The 49'ers boast the 4th best Rushing Defense in the NFL. And here is a little nugget to chew on. 49'ers Inside Linebacker Patrick Willis is third in the NFL in combined tackles @ 77. As a comparison Ray Lewis ILB for the Ravens has 66 combined tackles and is 5th in the league. So if we want to run tonight we might consider blocking Patrick Willis, your thoughts Lovie?
1. We get a break at Quarterback this week. No Kurt Warner or Carson Palmer. With that said the Tampa 2 Defense employed by the Bears is capable of being destroyed by any Quarterback in the league. I do NOT believe Alex Smith is up for the task however. 4 sacks, 3 interceptions and two fumbles last week seemed to take him out of his game. The 49'ers Offense is 19th in scoring, 21st in the Pass and 22nd in the Rush. Issac Bruce is on the mend and Crabtree is still learning the position. The biggest thing we have to worry about is the Monster they have in the backfield named Frank Gore. If we stop Gore, we win the game.
1. 49'ers have a scoring Defense ranked 16th in the league which is middle of the pack. They have a pass Defense ranked 24th and a rush Defense ranked number 4. If we break down these numbers it would look like it could be very difficult to score in the Red Zone on this team. If we have success with the pass and break some big plays it should be a long day for the 49'ers. Sadly, this week again will all be on Cutler.
1. The Bears Offense will have limited success running the ball this week. This means it is imparitive that the Offensive line give Jay Cutler more then 3 seconds to throw the ball. Matt Forte will probably not be much of a factor this week and Pass Protection will make us or break us. If Jay gets the time to throw tonight I look for him to have 350 yards and 3 TD's. Olsen will probably draw double coverage all Evening so it will be up to Hester and Knox to step up and break some big plays for us to win.
1. The numbers aren't as horrible as one would think. 21st scoring defense, 12th Pass Defense, 21st Rush Defense. If I'm the 49'ers, I'm going to run early and often at this Defense. If the Defense allows 150 yards and 2 TD's to Frank Gore it's going to be a long night. The Bears have given up 514 rushing yards in the last 3 games. 8 or even 9 in the box to pressure Alex Smith and stuff Frank Gore will not be surprising to see. We will need to get into Alex Smith's head early and minimize the damage with the 49'ers rush game to seal the victory. Key player: Tommie Harris, love him or hate him.
1. Vernon Davis, Tight End. Vernon has been running his mouth and pulling an Ocho Cinco 'All Day Long' speech directed at the Bears Defense. This is surprising because the 49'ers stand to lose their 5th straight game and firing up the Bears Defense with a direct challenge seems to be bad timing. That is assuming the Bears Defense act like Men and respond to being laughed at and made fun of. I think the edge goes to the Bears here.
Final Score: Bears 27 - San Francisco 24 ............ Your Thoughts?