The post below is a copy from 15 days ago: The way to fix the Bears. I understand that all seven of these moves won't happen, but if they could pull off 2 more I think we are in business!
Here are 7 things that can be done to fix the Bears and make them contenders. The money is there and available to make all this happen. It's just a matter of wanting to be better and providing a winner for Bears fans!
1. Trade fo Cutler. What it would take: Orton, Vasher, 2nd round '09, 5th round '09, and a 3rd or 4th '10. Seems like a lot, but let's be realistic, it's worth it.
2. Sign O. Pace. Even if it's a one year contract we need to plug that hole with experience and leadership.
3. Attempt to sign T. Holt AND M. Harrison. Offer them contracts at the same time and let them know that's what you are doing. If Cutler is in Chicago at this point they both have a reason to consider. They will both demand mid level money at this point, but over compensate with a big signing bonus. 2 - 3 year contracts will do the trick.
4. 1st round, draft an offencsive lineman to add depth and learn from Pace and Kreutz.
5. 3nd round, draft a safety. We all know why.
6. Bring M. Brown back for leadership. He has left everything he has on the field for the Bears. Time to do him a favor.
7. Sign S. Rolle. He fits the system and has a good year or two left. We need more quality depth in the secondary.