There were a lot of negatives last night, and they will be rehashed over and over, so I thought it would be worthwhile to post a few positives...
- The wide receivers were not that bad. One of the major weaknesses of this team coming in was the inexperience at the wideout position, but the wideouts had some very nice plays against a tough secondary.
- Cutler isn't actually this bad. He had his worst game ever as a QB. That's not going to last all season, and had he played just a tiny bit better (e.g. no interception in the red zone, one or two better passes), we would have been talking about a big bears win.
- Brian Urlacher is not as irreplaceable as he once was. OK - this is a bit of a stretch, but still, Urlacher is older and not as big of a presence as he used to be. His absence is not going to hurt them as much as it would have a number of years ago.
- Unless the O-line truly stinks, Forte will have a better season than he showed last night.
- The defense, depleted as it was, made a very good QB in Rodgers, look out-of-sync all night (up until that last play). No one player seemed to stand out, but overall, despite what Lovie says about turnovers, the defense did its job.
- Patrick Mannely is never going to make that mistake again.