I don't worry about this too much during the off-season, but, during the season I have my Sundays reserved for my time witnessing history on the gridiron. Specifically doing my best to catch every single Bears match-up.
Challenging as that may be, I grew up in Chicago and now reside in sunny, WARM, north Texas. Catching my beloved Bears requires a trip to the local Fox Grill most Sundays as Time Warner Cable does not sport the NFL network or Sunday Ticket (cheap so and so's).
My challenges aside, what the heck to we do with a Sunday without a Bears game? I got a very nice double dose this week, and truth be told - I'm on a bit of a Bears high. 3 Consecutive wins, increasingly superior play, total domination by our defense, TWO new records made this week. Complete fan euphoria. Who would have predicted this 5 weeks ago?
So, what do we do with our Sunday this week? I just can't bring myself to cheer for either the Queens or the Pack - is there any way at all we can arrange for them both to lose? Therefore, I'll root for a tie - helps neither of them but further cements our first place standing.
I have a few ideas for some easy Sunday projects we can undertake to fill our need for MORE BEARS.
- Paint a giant orange "C" in your front yard.
- Install a big screen replaying a loop of Manning's hit on the Dolphin's receiver in Q4 Thursday
- Drop off a flaming bag of poop at your neighbor the Packer fan's tailgate party
- Install one of those giant Brian Urlacher Fathead posters in your bedroom (or your child's room)
- Take your wife or significant other to the mall for a new #6 Cutler Jersey
- Stick 500 plastic forks in the yard of your nearest Viking's fan
- Fly your over sized Bears "C" Flag on the back of your vehicle
- Create a mash up video of your favorite Butkus/Singletary/Urlacher hits of all time
Just a few simple ideas we can try to support our Bears and our need for the Sunday fix. Hopefully you;ll all find this useful - if not mildly amusing. BEAR DOWN!! Oh and by the way, suggestions are welcomed!!!