With week 16 nearly over (Tuesday Night Football... really?), the playoff seedings are finally falling into place. The AFC has New England locked into the #1 seed, the Chiefs are now the West champs, the Jets are in, and the Steelers and Ravens both have secured a place in the tourney. Only the South is still undecided, and the Colts simply need to win and they're in.
Over in the NFC, the North champion Bears are still alive for a #1 seed, but the Conference leading Falcons control their destiny with just one more win. The East champion Eagles still have a shot at the #2 seed, and that's it. Six teams are still alive for the final three playoff spots.
1) Does it make sense to call the Saturday night game on the NFL Network, a special Saturday night edition of Thursday Night Football?
2) It's long overdue to retire the FOX robot. I'm tired of the running in place, the pointing, the dancing, and the seasonal garb the FOX people dress it in. Does anyone like the robot?
3) When did CBS #1 color analyst Phil Simms get this bad? He achieved the top crew for CBS, he must have been solid at some point.
4) One last CBS tidbit... Can I get some Gus Johnson in the Chicago market once in a while? HAHA!
5) The Carolina Panthers win!!! The Panthers win!!! The 1st pick in the 2011 NFL draft...
7) I saw the Mike Singletary firing coming. He'll bounce back and be a head coach again some day, but his best course of action may be to get on a successful staff and soak in some knowledge and work his way to coordinator.
8) One former '85 Bear falls from the coaching ranks... I wonder if Leslie Frazier will get the interim label removed in Minnesota. Then there are the rumors circulating around San Diego about Ron Rivera.
10) Staying with the Packers, they'll be playing for their playoff lives next week. A week 17 game with that much on the line does not look to good for the Bears.