The Bears are 9-3 and are atop the NFC North. Can the Bears make the playoffs with the Pats, Jets, Vikings, Packers remaining on the schedule?
Here are my week 14 NFL Power Rankings:
Biggest Gainer: Vikings↑ 7
Biggest Loser: Titans↓6
2. Pittsburgh Steelers 9-3 (5) I don’t know who is stronger Big Ben or the Steel Curtain?
3. Atlanta Falcons 10-2 (1) If the Falcons get home field advantage there will be no beating them this postseason.
4. New Orleans Saints 9-3 (10) The Saints face Baltimore, Atlanta, and Tampa Bay to finish the season. They have to win to get in.
5. New York Jets 9-3 (2) Sanchez was exposed and the Jets played their worst game of the season by far. Do not expect them to continue that trend.
6. Chicago Bears 9-3 (12) Second best win streak (5) in the NFL, and the 3rd best defense. Da Bears are for real.
7. Baltimore Ravens 8-4 (4) Are one unfortunate fumble away from being 9-3 and sitting atop the AFC North.
8. Green Bay Packers 8-4 (7) Are nipping at Chicago’s heels, and will be ready when the Bears come to town the final week of the regular season.
9. Philadelphia Eagles 8-4 (9) Mike Vick is looking human, but the Eagles are winning.
10. New York Giants 8-4 (6) The G-men love to run when it gets chilly.
12. Indianapolis Colts 6-6 (8) Manning has been very un-Manning like, but never count the Colts out.
13. San Diego Chargers 6-6 (13) The Chargers playoffs start now. They have to win out to get in.
15. Jacksonville Jaguars 7-5 (21) Got to show the Jaguars some respect because they are leading the AFC South after 13 weeks.
16. St. Louis Rams 6-6 (22) Another rookie quarterback leading his team to the playoffs, do I see a reoccurring theme?
17. Minnesota Vikings 5-7 (23) Would have had a shot at the playoffs if the Vikings front office would have had to chutzpah to go with Tavaris instead of waiting for an injury.
18. Miami Dolphins 6-6 (15) Had the tools to make it to the playoffs. Injuries and a tough schedule derailed the Phins season.
19. Oakland Raiders 6-6 (14) Still have a shot to take the AFC West.
20. Cleveland Browns 5-7 (24) The Browns do not have the talent (Besides Hillis), but no one can argue their heart or fight.
21. Houston Texans 5-7 (18) Poor, poor Houston fans, maybe next year.
22. Seattle Seahawks 6-6 (20) Are in the battle for the NFC West crown.
23. Tennessee Titans 5-7 (17) Three straight losses is no way to get into the playoffs.
24. Dallas Cowboys 4-8 (30) At least you get to host the Super Bowl.
25. Washington Redskins 5-7 (27) Typical Redskins season. Mediocre.
26. San Francisco 49ers 4-8 (21) If the 49ers win out they could make the playoffs… just saying.
26. Detroit Lions 2-10 (23) 7 of Detroit’s 10 losses have been within one score.
27. Denver Broncos 3-9 (25) Bye Bye Josh McDaniels.
28. Arizona Cardinals 3-9 (28) The bright side of 7 straight losses, the Cards do not have the worst losing streak in the NFL.
29. Buffalo Bills 2-10 (29) The Bills are a deceivingly dangerous 2 win team.
31. Cincinnati Bengals 2-10 (31) Last win was September 26th.
32. Carolina Panthers 1-11 (32) Probably not going to get their second win with the high flying Falcons coming to town.
- Max G. Mickey