Yeah this is primarily a Bears site, but I'd say most of us are NFL fans. And as intelligent NFL fans, I'm sure we all have some thoughts. So here are some of my thoughts and observations after the first Sunday of action in the National Football League. (If you're like me, does your inside voice get all deep and slow when you say "National Football League").
4) After turning over so many faces on their roster, I was shocked to see the Seattle Seahawks crush the San Fransisco 49ers. I wonder how short of a leash 49er QB Alex Smith is on now after that game?
7) Does Wes Welker have a bionic knee? Nine months after that injury and he doesn't miss a beat.
8) I thought the play calling from Sean Payton was brilliant in the second half of the Saints game Thursday night. On a side note; can Brett Favre play every Thursday night? It was nice not being force fed any Favre news/highlights this weekend.
9) WR Steve Breaston showed why the Arizona Cardinals were OK with trading away Anquan Boldin. Great TD saving play after an AZ fumble, not to mention his career best 132 yards receiving on 7 catches.
What do you think? What are some other thoughts that you had this weekend? Let us all in on your geniusness of all things NFL.
* I had to sneak in a bonus observation for all the Bears fans. The Bears currently have the #1 offense in yards gained (tied with the Colts), and the #2 defense in yards allowed (2 yards behind the Dolphins).
Extra bonus link: Join John "Moon" Mullin for a live chat tonight at 7pm CDT. Take advantage of this, as it is an opportunity to get all sorts of Bears goodness from one of the best in the biz.