This post was fun last week so I thought I would do the same thing again. The format will be this game extrapolated compared to the Detroit game extrapolated. Once again I will include what our position would be last season will be included. Lastly before we start, this post is for fun only and is not a prediction of any sort.The Detroit game stats will be mentioned first followed by the Dallas game stats.
- 7408 total net offense (first ever) to 4928 net offense 25th in the league, unimpressive, but hey, it was good enough
- 5792 yards net passing (first ever) to 4320 to 6th in the league, not bad at all
- 1616 net rushing yards, (tied for 24th) ( at least it's an improvement) to 608, last and disappointing
- 64 sacks, (most), to 16, 3rd, wouldn't have expected that after the putrid start
- 304 points (23rd) to 5th, the most important stat and we see improvement
- 42% 3rd down efficiency (tied for 10th) to 9%, last obviously, umm, who said teams that convert 3rd downs win?
- 2688 total yards allowed, (first) to 6560, some fluctuation in that area, we would not have done too well without the turnovers
- 2368 net yards passing, (first), to 5984, last, again quite a bit of change
- 320 rush yard allowed, (first), to 576, our run defense is looking stout, somehow Dallas ran for less than we did
- 32 sacks, (tied for 18) to ahh 0, when I say inaccurate, this is technically impossible (2 sacks vs Detroit)
- 224 points, (first) to tied for 11th, we did well against Dallas
- 28% first downs allowed, (first) to 46%, last, again with the third down issues
- 48 takeaways, first in the league (I'm not 100% sure) no change, takeaways are important to this defense and the defense is doing a good job of creating them
Notes: The defense was very dominant against Detriot but had a lot more bend against Dallas (good thing there was not much break). The passing game was good but we need to learn how to run the ball in order to be successful. See what happens when there are no offensive turnovers, less yards, but more points. The lack of sacks is unfortunate, however, the sacks were replaced by hurries passes that were intercepted by DJ Moore.
Again, this is not a prediction but rather to generate some discussion. If there are any other stats that you think are important or have something else to say, do so in the comments.
I'm not sure about the format, so any ideas or thoughts would be helpful.