If you live in the Chicago area, if you're a fan of Chicago sports and in particular the Chicago Bears, if you're looking to relive some of the majesty that was those incredible Super Bowl Shufflin '85 Bears, then you need to see "1985" on Opening Night at the DCA Storefront Theater.
PAPA BEAR IS WATCHING YOU. Winston Smith is sick of losing. His Chicago sports teams let him down time and again, and he's through. Or is he? Is it even possible to disavow himself of his team loyalty? Bear down, Chicago, and discover what happened to the Cubs in '84; what treachery existed behind the ‘79 Disco Demolition; how the Eastland Disaster saved the NFL; and why the '85 Bears lost that game in Miami. On this 25th anniversary of the celebrated Super Bowl Shuffle season, Factory Theater imagines an Orwellian Chicago where winning isn't everything, it just might be the only thing.
All you have to do is be the first person to correctly guess all the trivia questions.
If you can't attend Opening Night, please don't attempt to guess. We're hoping to have someone win the two tickets that will be able to go to the DCA Theater and have a fun night out.
Now on to the questions!
1) How many 1985 Bears players were enshrined into the Hall Of Fame?
2) Which two Bears players held out with a contract dispute and missed the entire '85 season?
3) Which Bears defender scored the first defensive touchdown in the 1985 regular season?
4) Name the Bears defensive players that scored in Super Bowl XX?
5) According to Gary Fencik, which game in that 1985 season was the one that let him know they were "good enough" to win the Super Bowl?
6) Which '85 Bears starting offensive lineman played defensive line in college?
7) How many Super Bowl records did the Bears set in SBXX?
8) Whom was Jim McMahon referring to when he said, "On defense he is the glue"?
9) What San Francisco 49er lineman was used in the backfield in their 1984 playoff win against Chicago, thus leading to Mike Ditka using William Perry as a running back in 1985 to payback Bill Walsh?
10) Which game did the Bears play the day before they recorded the Super Bowl Shuffle?
Written by Chas Vrba
Presented by Factory Theater
October 05, 2010 - November 07, 2010
$25 general admission; $15 for students/seniors; $10 for previews (10/5 & 10/6)