The 7th Sunday of the NFL season is history, and is there a better story going on right now than Timmy? I could go on and on about Tebowmania, but that may alienate some of the regular readers around these parts, so I'll quell my urges and limit my post to a single Tim Tebow thought.
There was some interesting games yesterday, so it's on to my Thoughts!
2) I think it's safe to say the Titans aren't that good of a team. Chris Johnson may not get 1000 yards on the ground this year.
3) OK, I tried to hold off on my Tebow thought til later, but here goes... After starting the day 4-14 for 40 yards passing he ended up 13-27 for 161 yards and 2 TD. He added 65 yards on the ground. And led his team back after trailing 15-0. I can't explain it, but he finds a way to win. The Broncos are better off with him starting, and they will be relevant again with a couple good drafts.
4) I've seen Carson Palmer getting ripped for his Raider debut in a few places, and that's really unfair. He's a solid NFL QB, but after many months of inactivity, new teammates, and a new offense to digest, did anyone expect him to step in and be successful?
7) And speaking of really, really, bad. The Colts should find a way to shut down all their important vets for the remainder of the '11 season. That team is playing for nothing except the #1 overall draft pick.
8) Staying with that game for one more, Drew Brees shredded the Colt D for a Maddenesque 31-35, 325, and 5 TD. That is video game ridiculous.
9) I want to know what genius had DeMarco Murray starting on their fantasy team. I know some outside the box thinker had to have him playing this week. Murray had the greatest single rushing game in Cowboys history, a history that includes Emmit Smith and Tony Dorsett.