We seem to all be thinking about the draft and what players we'd like to be Bears, but I'd rather rank positions of need. I'll be happy with a best overall player approach, but I'd rank the positions in this order:
1) WR (Knox injury and the uncertainty generated by it, the Hurd drug kingpinnery, the Royboy suckitude, the lack of a breakthrough for Hester, etc)
2) DB (Corner over Safety but both can be considered our second overall need)
3) LB ( Not a lot of depth right now, but you can often find very good LBs in the mid to late rounds)
4) OL ( We need to keep bringing in people to compete for jobs and develop, but there are very solid players to be had in mid rounds)
5) DL ( If JA pick one in the first 4 rounds I'll probably cry. Idonije will be 31 but i don’t think the dropoff on DL is as severe over 30 as at other positions)
6) QB ( Can’t see Hanie staying. I’d rather grab yet another late round project to develop and compete with Enderle than keep bringing in waiver wire washups)
RB/TE/FB are all pretty solid groupings I’d only like to see additions here if someone slips badly in the draft
Give your own ranks in the comments.
This FanPost was written by a Windy City Gridiron member, and does not necessarily reflect the ideas or opinions of its staff or community.