The Bulls Derrick Rose isn't the only MVP candidate playing in Chicago. Jonathan Toews #19 of the Blackhawks has a legit shot at that honor.
NFL labor talk, blah, blah, blah... someone said someone wasn't negotiating in good faith, I think there was a 'liar liar pants on fire' in there somewhere... Roger Goodell sent a letter (yawn)... a response letter was sent... The NFLPA (which, technically is no longer the NFLPA) wants to see financial data... The April 6th hearing on whether the NFL owners can lockout the players can not come quick enough.
Thankfully the Chicago sports scene has enough going on to give me a distraction. Take the jump and peruse some of my thoughts and feel free to add some of your own.
1) Don't read that much into which prospects the Bears are interviewing leading up to the draft. They are just talking to as many players as possible to add to their scouting database. In a few years the 2011 draft class will be free agents and the Bears want to be ahead of the game for that.
2) And don't think the Bears are above sending out false signals to the other 31 teams in the NFL about which players they have an interest in. Expect at least one of the Bears draft class to be quoted as saying 'I had no idea the Bears were even interested in me'
3) With Jerry Angelo's track record in regards to the NFL Draft, I think there is a real good chance he trades down.
4) The Bulls Derrick Rose isn't the only MVP candidate* playing in Chicago. Jonathan Toews of the Blackhawks has a legit shot at that honor. *And if you're thinking that guy in Miami should be MVP then check out this extremely well written piece. LeBron James Should Not Win MVP
5) I think Rose is quickly becoming the front runner for NBA MVP, but Toews needs the Hawks to separate from the pack of teams that are slugging it out for a playoff spot in order to get that National attention.
6) As good as the Bulls seemed to play without Joakim Noah and Carlos Boozer, the Bulls need to be at full strength if a long postseason is to be a reality.
7) I'll continue my baseball predictions from the last couple weeks. The White Sox Alexei Ramirez will be the best all around shortstop in the American League.
8) The Cubs Aramis Ramirez will bounce back and have more of an 'Aramis Ramirez' type season.
9) NIT Fever!!! Catch it!!! The Northwestern Wildcats are still alive in that other tourney!
10) Soccer Fever!!! Catch it!!! The Chicago Fire opened their season with a 1-1 draw! A draw... just scintillating.