Bears free agency continued to be quite interesting as we've had a few developments from the first day of padless practice.
- Corey Graham will return for a one-year deal with the Bears.
- Essentially, SS Danieal Manning was traded to Houston for DT Amobi Okoye, also on a one-year deal. Might be his first job as a "rush man" is to "rush" DT Marcus Harrison out of town for showing up overweight. Again.
- The center position is taking an interesting turn... for the worst.
- Any dreams of Olin Kreutz returning might have officially died. According to Sean Jensen, the Bears attempted a one-year, $4 million "ultimatum," which didn't pique his interest. That's a shame, considering the reports of any of the guys that imitated "playing center" aren't exactly glowing." Also, apparently Edwin Williams, and not Roberto Garza, is the team's choice for first-team center. In other OL news, no real signees, but Herman Johnson was waived. Update: Per the Trib, the hold-up on getting Kreutz's deal done is $500,000.
- Carimi lined up at LT on the second string; we'll see if he stays there or forces his way up. My money's on the latter.
- Just in a minute ago, the Bears signed Marion "The Barbarian" Barber III to a two-year deal. Good-bye Chester or Bell?
There's your current developments; by the way, somehow, I don't know if anyone missed this, and I'm not sure if it's possible to have missed it, but it's my duty to inform you that Kelvin Hayden and Asante Samuel are both available at CB - via free agency and trade, respectively. Welcome to your new Free Agency Thread.