Last year, I created a post mocking the connection that the Chicago Bears had with a few other teams, one being the Carolina Panthers. Since then, we've seen more Panthers become Bears, more Bears become Panthers, a Panther that used to be a Bear become a Bear all over again, an ex-Bear player and coach become the Panthers Head Coach, and an ex-Panther continue to suck at the whole blocking thing. Obvious the connection has yet to be severed.
Follow the jump to see a list of players that have been both a member of the Carolina Panthers and the Chicago Bears during the Lovie Smith regime (2004+).
|Harris, Chris||2007-2009||2005-2006 | 2010-Present|
|Muhammad, Muhsin||1996-2004 | 2008-2009||2005-2007|
|Wesley, Dante||2002-2005 | 2007-2009||2006|
- Panthers Head Coach, Ron Rivera spent 14 seasons with the Bears, nine as player, 5 as a coach.
- Mike Shula, Panthers QB Coach, was the Bears Tight Ends Coach for three seasons from 1993-95.
- Panthers Defensive Line coach, Eric Washington, was with Chicago the last 3 years.
- Carolina's TE's coach, Pete Hoener, coached the Bears Offensive Line in 2004.
- Scott Turner is their Offensive Quality Control Coach, and the nephew of former Bears OC Ron Turner.
- Former Bears WR Ricky Proehl is currently the Panthers offensive consultant.