We are almost one month into the new SB Nation United platform, and can honestly say it has shaken up the sports media world. There have been articles from major newspapers, websites, and other media outlets noting the enormous upgrade that SB Nation rolled out... And we're not finished yet.
Since literally day 1 of United, the technical team has had their noses to the grindstone, making improvements, adjustments, tweaks, and changes to make your experience as a reader the best it can be. Enhancements have been made based directly on your feedback, and they will continue to be into the future.
You undoubtedly noticed some differences this morning when you logged in... Here are some notes of what rolled out:
- Increased the amount the number of recommended and recent FanPosts on the homepage
- Changed the styles to improve scanning of FanPosts and FanShot headlines and new comments on the homepage
- Added author bylines on Articles in the cover
- Added indicator if articles or features are from another SB Nation site when placed on the homepage
- Added article headline to comments on user profile recent activity list for better reply context
- Reinstated the ability for users to add polls to FanPosts
- Reinstated accurate comment counts on StoryStream updates in the cover
- Reinstated ability for authors to add custom captions to photos
- Trending Stories are now relevant to league of the team or sport the blog covers
- Fixed issue with Shift-A keyboard shortcut for comments not working properly in large threads
- Fixed issue with logos that break out of the circle getting cropped
- Fixed issue where new comment count was incorrect on FanShots posted from another site
- Fixed issue with filters not working on FanShot index page
- Fixed Facebook login issues
- Improved visibility of next and previous arrows on photo galleries
- Added correct author names to the FanPosts page
- Mobile optimization improvements
And that's really only a portion of improvements, as there are significant improvements that have been made behind the curtains that affect our writers as well.
Continue to submit bugs to Support as you come across them, and continue to give your feedback. Feel free to drop your thoughts, questions, feedback into the comment section below.
Oh, and if you're into keeping track of things, you can check out SBN's Version History here.
What do you think?