This game feels like it was an age ago, doesn't it? Or, at least two notches on your belt. To remind you, we won 28-13 with the offense and defense each scoring two touchdowns, Here's how the chatter went down...
There were various scenarios as to how we could make the playoffs...
C-Razzle: Jeez, Lovie should be fired for the simple fact of making us try to understand how we can make the playoffs now.
I've heard that track before.
T.Moore: 3 straight passes again
LostInSTL: Correction... 3 straight incompletions to Marshall…
WCG has theories as to what secrets Lovie's laminated sheet contains...
Virto: It's a Denny's menu.
Nomad30: "Things to call J'Marcus Webb after the game."
ES46NE10: "herp derp"
Just Dave: acid tabs
David in Maine: A new potato salad recipe
BOBdaBEAR: Some black and white drawings; he left the play sheet and crayons at whatever restaurant he went to before the game
Trey23: Family Circus cartoons
chiguy8506: his press conference speech: “We did some things”
1 completion from 11 attempts was nothing to write home about.
Nomad30: Can we go back to the 20+ yard passes? Cutler actually completed one of those.
Back to the future?
haslone: So who's our next OC? After Tice is fired…
ES46NE10: norv turner. Turner II: Terrible Offense Boogaloo
We should give each Bears game the name of a film to sum it up. Next: The Dirty Dozen.
themacattack: Well... at least Lindley ain't doing much better. It’s like Dumb and Dumber: The Football Game.
There's a pun to be made here involving Santa and his sack.
haslone: Anybody ask for some cool Bears gear for Xmas?
ES46NE10: a BMarsh. all I have is a Rex Grossman (which I am rocking as we speak, but I need a new one, and it’s not like they make retro Jim Harbaugh jerseys)
Shuggs: You could buy a custom one.
ES46NE10: not anymore, different company
Shuggs: Get a Chinese version. China is good for this stuff.
ES46NE10: i prefer korean girls. what were we talking about?
Why our special teams unit is superior.
ES46NE10: would have run Patrick Mannelly in that situation. the defenders would have parted the seas out of fear
More talk of coaching changes.
ES46NE10: what's paul brown's corpse up to these days?
It's like a reflex or something.
dicksingletary: cards players better stay away from Lovie on the bears sideline. they are wearing Red and Lovie will try to throw them like a challenge flag
Forte's ankle was being looked at on the sidleine.
Just Dave: Dammit I had Lindley in my fantasy league!
Nomad30: Dude, why?
Just Dave: I don't win very often.
Bullforlife: ANOTHER CATCH BY DAVIS!
Bears-Cubs Bulls: Payton would have gotten the first down and Sayers would have scored with the space Davis had
iamBQB: Are we really holding Davis to that standard? I’m happy he managed to keep both hands on the ball.
Can't fault that logic.
ES46NE10: why is this still the 3rd quarter
ECD: Because we have 1:54 left in the 3rd quarter. That’s why.
ES46NE10: blast. accursed chronometry
Remarkable self-control, bearing in mind there was no Bush in the game...
ECD: Gotta get out of that deep hole....
LostInSTL: Too easy... Let it go Lost….
Can't fault that logic, either. I always think nicknames should have some kind of logic to them other than "it rhymes" or it's a godawful pun.
mml35: I really like Armando got to get him a nick name
Mirabelle: I say we call him Jack. Easy to say and spell.
mml35: The old lady is making meatloaf again....:/
mml35: I see a few nights on the couch over the multiple cook books bought for her this Christmas
I may have to take up drinking for that game, too...
Digs D-League: Can't believe I have to cheer for GB next week...
Nomad30: I'm debating the idea of a drinking game so that no matter what the outcome is, I don’t care.
What did the fake twitter accounts have to say?
- For today's game, I whipped up a special batch of my grandfather's egg nog, which is just Jager with milk.
- I am going to guarantee a win today, but I haven't decided which team yet.
- It's so much easier to coach against these dilfy teams.
- When your offense is a well oiled machine, you don't need timeouts.
- A horrible challenge felt like the best way to burn our last timeout.
- All I want for Christmas is a Green Bay win. I feel dirty. Merry Christmas, y'all!
- Jets willing to take anything for Mark Sanchez, including late round pick or store credit at Target.
- Please Mayans. At least take her. RT @KimKardashian: Soooooo is 12-21 Mayan April Fools Day????
- It's a "virtual certainty" Tim Tebow will play for the Jaguars in 2013, where the team is already used to not having a quarterback.
- Taking a knee at the 2 on a free kick... ladies and gentlemen your Detroit Lions
- BREAKING SCORE UPDATE: Two hours before kickoff, the Jaguars trail the Patriots 21-0.
- Fun Fact: The Jaguars drafted a punter over Russell Wilson
- EXCLUSIVE: Special Edition Detroit Lions XBox Controller released (Via: @NFL_Memes) - http://fauxjo.hn/12GYrrW
We face the Lions in another must-win on Sunday, while hoping the Packers beat the Vikings. No wonder I don't feel well.....