Today's a little light in the Bears' news department, sadly enough. Let's catch you up to date on what's happened elsewhere.
- Contrary to one blogger's erroneous and inane postings, Peyton Manning isn't in the running for Miami, and is instead being wooed by the Titans, who he threw for in a workout.
- Guard Evan Mathis re-upped with the Eagles for a five-year deal. In other offensive linemen deals, center Chris Myers is staying with the Texans for four years, and Packers Pro Bowl center Scott Wells heads to St. Louis on a 4-year, $24 million contract with $13 million guaranteed. Also, Matt Birk stayed with the Ravens.
- Titans' lineman Jason Jones is now Seattle Seahawks' lineman Jason Jones, under the promise of playing defensive tackle.
- Tom Zbikowski signed up to play safety for the Colts, rejoining former Ravens' coordinator Chuck Pagano.
- The Patriots are seemingly close to a deal with former Bears, Broncos, Rams, and seemingly everywhere receiver Brandon Lloyd, and while Lloyd wants to be a Patriot (supposedly), the Patriots are adamant in wanting him to bring his asking price down. Supposedly Lloyd's agent has some perpetual tiff with the Patriots.
- Billy Volek was cut by the Chargers, and Charlie Whitehurst was signed in his place.
- WR Jerricho Cotchery will visit the Chiefs next week, Mike Tolbert will not be a Steeler, and the cap-rich Bengals finally signed their first free agent, guard Travelle Wharton from Carolina.
All that said, keep at it, folks. This is your Free Agency Overflow Open Thread, and as always, Open Thread responsibly (TM).