Maybe CSN fans will understand the title but I digress, wanted to do a little series on some SBN fanposts.
Four points that are valid and four points that aren't so valid, and one conclusion.
Today's Subject is: What is the truth about Shea McClellin?
1. That he is a somewhat unknown player from a good program but weak conference?
That since defecting from Cuba, he lived a obscure life in Idaho until his football skills were needed to pay the bills?
2. That he played both OLB and DE in college?
That he was also the stadium's custodian, blue field-painter, and mascot while he wasn't playing?
3. That the pick seemed to disappoint most of us?
That most of us stood up and yelled "F**K YEAH McCLELLIN!" including yelling softer for the small "c" in his last name?
4. That we probably don't know about him or how good of a pick he is as well as we may think?
That "this guy will have 50 sacks", "this guy sucks and has since pee-wee league", or "this guy will be just like (some former bust or hall of famer)"?
9. (Conclusion) I was very disappointed last night, but tried to calm down a little today, I am still unsatisfied that I have to "talk myself" into liking it. I still will root for him as he is a Bear, and realize we won't really know what we have until about a year or two from now.
This FanPost was written by a Windy City Gridiron member, and does not necessarily reflect the ideas or opinions of its staff or community.