So it's time again for an update on how the Writer's League is going, and from here on out it'll be over here in the FanPosts section, but so it goes. Either way, let's start out by taking a look at the results from last week...
Orange Shy Guy (Steven S., 1-1) Defeats Toughactin Tinactins (David T., 1-1) 103.00 - 100.86
Cuddly Babystealers (Kev H, 2-0) Defeats Nerfherders (Adam T, 1-1) 136.54-102.30
DJMooreshrug (Dave G., 1-1) Defeats Hanie-mentum (Steve R., 0-2) 145.44-103.86
Victorious Secret (Ashley C., 1-1) Defeats MobyDickinaFishbowl (Just Dave, 1-1) 125.20-123.72
I'm A Man I'm Forte (Sam, 2-0) Defeats Drunken Polar Bears (TJ, 1-1) 117.04-65.38
Lovie's Stern Mind (Doshi, 1-1) Defeats Chicago Wildcards (Brendan, 0-2) 109.74-92.04
So yeah, why do we allow Brendan to masquerade as our fantasy football guru? I kid, of course. There's a huge crowd at 1-1, Kev and Sam are holding strong at 2-2, and Ronkowski and Brendan bring up the rear at 0-2. Of course, there's always room to change things around.
Here's the schedule for Week 3...
Orange Shy Guy (Steven S., 1-1, 8.30) vs DJMooreshrug (Dave G., 1-1, 3.20)
Cuddly Babystealers (Kev H., 2-0, 0.00) vs Toughactin Tinactins (David Taylor, 1-1, 0.00)
Victorious Secret (Ashley C., 1-1, 18.02) vs. Hanie-mentum (Steve R., 0-2, 23.50)
I'm A Man I'm Forte (Sam, 2-0, 0.00) vs MobyDickinaFishbowl (Just Dave, 1-1, 13.28)
Chicago Wildcards (Brendan, 0-2, 0.00) vs. Drunken Polar Bears (TJ, 1-1, 16.00)
Lovie's Stern Mind (Doshi, 1-1, 0.00) vs. Nerfherders (Adam T, 1-1, 10.60)
Couple of early playoff possibilities here, with Kev and David Taylor going at it along with Sam and Just Dave. The rest of us are going to be fighting our way out of the cloud here.
Quick summary of the moves that have been done this week...
- It appears it's waiver wire week. Brendan picked up Donnie Avery, dropping Darrius Heyward-Bey. He also picked up Daryl Richardson, dropping David Wilson.
- Ronkowski picked up Arizona receiver Andre Roberts, dropping Toby Gerhart. He also picked up Martellus Bennett and Justin Tucker, dropping Dustin Keller and Mike Nugent.
- Ashley picked up James Starks again.
- Dave Gilbert picked up Andre Brown, flat-out dropping Ryan Williams, and also dropped Ronnie Brown.
- David Taylor grabbed Mikel LeShoure, dropping Roy Helu. Wait, aren't I supposed to have all the Lions?
- I picked up Dennis Pitta out of Baltimore and dropped Michael Floyd.
- TJ picked up Greg Little and Heath Miller, dropping Stephen Hill and Ryan Fitzpatrick.
- Just Dave picked up Alex Smith for Russell Wilson.
That's what we've got this week. What catches your eye? Anything we did that you disagree with?