|TOTAL FIRST DOWNS||304||283|
|THIRD DOWN CONVERSIONS||69/219 (0.315)||48/197 (0.243)|
|RUSHING YARDS (YPA / YPG)||1,659 (3.5 / 104)||1,216 (3.8 / 76)|
|PASSING YARDS (YPR / YPG)||2,981 (6.9 / 186)||3,248 (6.3 / 203)|
|OFFENSIVE TURNOVERS||32 (32 INT / 0 FUM)||48 (32 INT / 16 FUM)|
|Tackles||Lance Briggs (85), Major Wright (59), Brian Urlacher / Henry Melton / Charles Tillman / D.J. Moore (48)|
|Sacks||Henry Melton (16), Israel Idonije (13), Julius Peppers (13), Shea McClellin (11), Corey Wootton (8), Amobi Okoye (5), Nick Roach (5), Stephen Paea (3)|
|Interceptions||Tim Jennings (21), Major Wright (5), Chris Conte (5)|
|Fumbles||Charles Tillman (5), Corey Wootton (5), J.T. Thomas (5)|
A few things that stuck out to me:
- Our offense has been mediocre, but they have been extremely balanced. I figured the Bears would have had a much higher percentage in the passing ratio.
- Our opponents have been pass happy. Seriously... 320 / 603, that's just not healthy for offenses, even with playing from behind.
- 603 passes, yet our defense is only giving up a little over 200 passing yards per game. Bravo fellas. Bravo.
- Overall, our defense is dominating in just about every statistical category. They are on pace for 75 sacks, and 48 takeaways. The front seven have been incredibly impressive, and a huge reason for the early success. Not bad for a bunch of old guys.
- Tim Jennings, you are playing lights out.
- It's not usually a good sign when your Safety is in the tops on your team in tackles, but given the amount of passes, it's not too much of a concern at this point.
- With Forte out, I figured Michael Bush would be slightly more involved in the passing game than he was. We'll have to keep an eye on that as time progresses.
- We are on pace for 1,659 rushing yards. Not quite the desired 1,000 yard mark per running back that Tice said he wanted, but not too shabby nonetheless.
- Devin Hester is not a receiver (this is not just an analysis from the stats above, I've felt like this for years). Have Hester's package, but he does not need to be on the field as much as he is. Bennett and Jeffrey are much better options. And personally, I'd rather see Weems get a few more offensive snaps.
That's what stood out to me. Use the comments to sound off on what popped out to you when reading over these