1) It's rare that a 'game of the year' type of game actually lives up to the hype, but I think the Denver vs New England game did that.
2) No other team pulls off Keystone Cop-like shenanigans like the New York Jets can. November 22nd was the one year anniversary of the infamous Mark Sanchez Butt Fumble, and on Sunday, November 24th, the New York Jets gave us the Nut Fumble...
3) Do you realize that only 5 teams in the AFC have a winning record? As it stands now, the 5-6 Tennessee Titans are sitting in the 6th playoff spot.
4) While over in the NFC, it looks as though one or more teams with winnings records will be on the outside looking in. The way the wildcard race is shaping up, the Chicago Bears will need to win their division to make the tourney.
5) One week after pointing out how bad Colin Kaepernick has been since week 1, he goes out and has his best game since that day. He went 15/24, for 235 yards, and 3 TDs against Washington. Wait a minute, that defense is terrible, let's see how Kaepernick fares next week before thinking he's back.
7) What happened to the Kansas City Chiefs defense? A week after getting lit up by Peyton Manning, they allow Philip Rivers to throw for 392 yards and three TDs. They did pick up their 1st sack in the last three games, so they have that going for them.
8) The Pittsburgh Steelers have won three straight, and are almost back to .500. They are only two games behind the Cincinnati Bengals and they play each other one more time. I never would have thought they could come all the way back from 0-4 to challenge for a playoff spot, but they are right in the hunt. That's a testament to head coach Mike Tomlin.
9) This was not a penalty.
If the NFL is taking away the chest as an area that defenders can hit, that would make the "strike zone" about 2 feet in length. And I do realize that the call was that Ram defender Michael Brockers led with his head, and I still call B.S. on the call. That was about as textbook a tackle that one can make.
10) I really have no problem with Kyle Long getting extra aggressive from time to time, especially when he's stepping up for his quarterback. You want a little nasty in your offensive linemen, strike that, you need a little nasty in your offensive linemen.
And for the record, I thought it was great that Chris Long came off the bench to remove his brother. It adds some extra oomph to the Kyle Long is a little crazy narrative.
This makes two weeks in a row that Kyle got a little crazy after the whistle. Something for defenses to think about.
What are some of your thoughts on the NFL this week?
More from Windy City Gridiron:
- NFL Power Rankings: Chicago Bears dropping
- The Bears Den: November 26, 2013 - Week 13 news & notes
- Chicago Bears bro in a Walter Payton jersey does not run like Walter Payton
- Chicago Bears snap count and statistical breakdown vs the Rams
- Chicago Bears vs St. Louis Rams report card
- Chicago Bears vs St. Louis Rams Recap: Notes, Scribbles, and Things Jotted Down