Many of you know SackMan, long-time Windy City Gridiron member who can drop some serious Chicago Bears knowledge when he has time to hang out with us...
Well, the reason we've seen less and less of SackMan over the last few months is because he's been working on his own start-up company, which just so happens to have struck a deal with the NFL Players Association.
Info from SackMan and his contest is below:
Do you have a great t-shirt idea for your favorite Bears player? Here's your chance to have it made! Fantag, a Chicago-based apparel brand, is offering our friends at Windy City Gridiron the opportunity to create officially licensed merchandise for NFL Players!
Here's how it works:
1. Comment in this post with your ideas. There is no limit to the number of ideas you enter. Your ideas can be text-only or original artwork you have created and attached as images.
2. In the following days, we will choose a list of our favorites and let you vote for the top three in a poll.
3. After the top 3 lucky winners are selected by you, we will create your shirt ideas and award free shirts to all 3 winners.
Think positive... That means no profanity or saying anyone sucks!
Things you can use:
- Players' names and nicknames
- Players' physical likenesses (illustration of their face, body, etc.)
- Players' jersey numbers
- Tasteful humor, language
- Positive portrayal of athletes
- Parodies of song lyrics, movie quotes & other pop-culture. Example: "Insane McCown Posse," as a parody of hip-hop group Insane Clown Posse.
- Local references. Examples: Chi-town, Windy City, Midway, Hancock Building, Sears (Willis) Tower, streets, the state of Illinois, zip codes (606XX), area codes (312, 773)
- Fantasy Football. Examples: PPR machine, waiver pick-up, must start, stud, drafted, traded, funny fantasy team names
Things you cannot use:
- NFL team properties, names and other identifying marks: Examples: Chicago Bears name and logo, GSH, Bear Down, "Monsters of the Midway," Staley, Soldier Field, Packers, etc.
- Retired players or coaches: Examples: Halas, Ditka, Payton, Butkus, Sayers, etc. (this license is for active NFL players only)
- City names fo teams. You cannot say Chicago, Green Bay, Detroit, etc.
- Trademarked names, logos, or copyrighted properties.
- Cannot make a direct comparison to NFL Players. Example: "Forte is better than Lacy," or "Peppers sacked Rodgers."
- Profane humor, language
- Negative portrayal of athletes
This license is for the NFL Players Association, and not with the NFL or the Chicago Bears. As such, we cannot combine a team's identifying primary colors on a product. For you, this means we cannot make a Navy & Orange colored shirt. Our recommended color combinations:
- Anything else that purposely fits your shirt idea. Example: Pink for an "I Love Forte" design
Good luck and have fun!