The Bears announced today that they've reached a two-year extension with fullback Tony Fiammetta.
LM: #Bears have signed FB Tony Fiammetta to a two-year contract extension through 2015.— Chicago Bears (@ChicagoBears) December 28, 2013
Fiammetta was signed in the offseason to provide some solid run-blocking to go with a decent pair of hands out of the backfield. In 2013, he hasn't recorded a rushing attempt, but has four receptions for 57 yards, including a long gain of 30.
This move comes on the heels of Robbie Gould's four-year extension announced yesterday. In his press conference yesterday, Phil Emery pointed out how the team had a little cap room remaining in 2013 that they would like to use. It would not surprise that some of the money in these extensions was being buried in the 2013 cap room that the team has.
Tomorrow's the last day for a player signing to count against the cap in 2013. Hence, the timing of these extensions.
- Ugh, You Again: Week 17, Green Bay Packers
- The Weekend Bears Den: December 28, 2013 - Week 17 Bears-Packers news & previews
- Bears vs. Packers: Gametime, TV, odds, injuries and more.
- 2014 NFL Pro Bowl: Brandon Marshall and Matt Forte represent Chicago Bears
- Chicago Bears Injury Report: Earl Bennett questionable and Lance Briggs probable against Green Bay