Alright here is the mock that consists of all the pre-combine hype. This is a mock based on all of the stuff we've heard so far. Keep in mind that this is not affected by some of the stats we've already heard like OL and TE bench, that will be inserted into the post-combine mock. So let's get to it...
1. Kansas City - Luke Joeckel OT TAMU - Brandon Albert has said he doesn't want to be tagged, so I'm going to guess that he won't be back for the Chiefs. They take his replacement.
2. Jacksonville - Bjeorn Werner DE FSU - Jacksonville will be looking to upgrade their poor defensive line. They had one of the worst pass rushes in the league last year, mainly due to a total lack of talent on the d-line. Werner gives them a size/strength guy who has the upside to dominate offensive tackles.
3. Oakland - Demontre Moore DE TAMU - Moore is a dominant pass rusher. A spot that Oakland needs to fill since losing Wimbley.
4. Philadelphia - Dee Milliner CB BAMA - With news coming that the Eagles have given Nnamdi an ultimatum, restructure or be cut, and with DRC a UFA, the Eagles opt to grab the best defensive back in the nation. This would be the only CB to go in the top 5 since Charles Woodson.
5. Detroit - Eric Fisher OT CMU - Detroit needs answeres on the offensive line. They drafted Reiff, but they don't know if he's a RT or LT. They have a 50 year old Jeff Backus, and Gosder Cherilus is a FA. They go with Fisher here who has been one of the fastest risers in the draft.
6. Cleveland - Jarvis Jones OLB GA - Cleveland needs playmakers and Jarvis Jones may be the ultimate pass rusher. He's a size/strength/speed player who will dominate on the next level. The only thing that's keeping Jones out of the top 5 are a few minor health questions.
7. Arizona - Geno Smith QB WVU - Larry Fitzgerald finally gets his QB of the future, but is it too late? There's no question Geno is the best QB in this draft, but that is lkind of a talent midget scenario. Can he prove that he's worth a top 10 pick? If he does well in interviews he could find himself going #1 overall.
8. Buffalo - Mike Glennon QB NCST - Now, I fully expect Buffalo to make a move for Smith, however I don't do trades in my mocks, so I have them going with another QB here. Glennon is a big guy with a decent arm. He's smart and makes few mistakes. Buffalo needs to hit with this pick.
9. New York Jets - Cordarrelle Patterson WR TENN - Patterson is a riser in my mocks, as I've usually had Keenan Allen, or DeAndre Hopkins being the first WR off the board, but I expect Patterson to show everyone that athleticism that he showed in his lone year at TENN.
10. Tennessee - Chance Warmack OG BAMA - Tennessee needs all kinds of help. They could go Vaccarro here, but that is a reach, so they take the best player in the draft. Had Warmack played tackle, he would've been the #1 pick, but interior linemen are not drafted highly. this may confuse some people, but trust me, Warmack is THAT good.
11. San Diego - Lane Johnson OT OK - San Diego has to help Phillip Rivers if they expect to get anything out of him during his twilight years. They go Johnson here, who is the most athletic tackle in the draft. If reports of Johnson running a 4.6 40 yard dash are true, then 11 isn't high enough for him.
12. Miami - Kennan Allen WR CAL - Miammi knocked on the door last year, and I fully expect them to compete for the division this year. Ryan Tannehill was a pleasant surprise, but if they expect him to make that big leap in year two, they have to get him some weapons.
13. Tampa Bay - Desmond Trufant CB WASH - Tampa Bay had the worst pass defense in the league, while having the best rush defense. Last year they traded up to grab a safety, and this year I don't see them going anywhere except defensive back. Trufant is alot like his brother was. Tall, strong, physical. He can fill the void left by Aquib Talib.
14. Carolina - Sharriff Floyd DT FLA - Floyd is a player who didn't get alot of attention due to him being a JR. He will go in the top 20 of the draft, it's just a question of who will be willing to pull the trigger. Carolina does here because they need to tie down that 3tech spot that Rivera needs for his defense to succeed.
15. New Orleans - Johnathon Hankins NT OSU - The Saints were bad last year. Historically bad, and if they have any hopes of getting back to the playoffs, then they have to start by building up their defensive line. Hankins is a big guy who will command double teams, allowing NOs LBs to run freely.
16. St. Louis - DeAndre Hopkins WR CLEM - Sam Bradford may very well be getting his last chance in St Louis. So if the Rams wanthim to suceed, then they have to give him weapons and Hopkins is a deep threat who will demand a safety over the top.
17. Pittsburgh - Dion Jordan OLB ORE - James Harrison probably won't be back, so the Steelers will be looking to solidify that right side of the defense. Dion Jordan is a pass rusher specialist who will give them that speed from the outside that Harrison used to give them.
18. Dallas - Sheldon Richardson DT MIZZOU - With Dallas switching to a Monte Kiffin T2 defense they will be looking for that ever elusive 3tech defensive tackle. Richardson is almost in the same mold as Henry Melton. He's a quicker than fast player, who will excell in pass rushing, though may be a little weak in rush defense.
19. New York Giants - Alec Ogletree LB GA - The Giants have drafted very well since Coughlin has been their head coach, they always seem to get players who have tremendous upside, and Ogletree is one of those players. He has the physical ability to be a top 10 pick, but personality issues make him drop.
20. Chicago - Tyler Eifert TE ND - It's no question that the BEars need OL help, however no one here has a first round grade, so they go with the best TE in the nation. Eifert has that Kyle Rudolph type of skill that will present a great target for Jay Cutler. You can line him up wide, in the slot, or in line. He can do it all.
21. Cincinnati - Manti Te'o LB ND - Poor Te'o, had he came out last year he would've been a top 15 pick, but with everything that has happened added to his poor performance against Bama, he slips. Cincinnati needs linebackers, and they may have gotten a steal here.
22. St. Louis - Menelik Watson OT FSU - The player that the Bears were hoping would fall to them in the 2nd goes here. St. Louis needs to solidify their offensive line for Bradford, so they grab a guy who can play either side.
23. Minnesota - Jesse Williams DT BAMA - Vikings need to grab a tackle to pair with and eventually take over for Kevin Williams, and Jesse Williams does that. He's a big man who will fill up space, but can also get after the QB.
24. Indianapolis - Johnathon Cooper OG NC - Andrew Luck may have had a great rookie season, but he was still one of the most sacked QBs in the league. They try and fix that here by drafting Cooper, who can play guard or center.
25. Seattle - Tavon Austin WR WVU - Seattle is all about speed. Last year they took the fastest defensive lineman in the draft, and this year they'll take the fastest player available. Tavon could run a 4.2 40 and is one of my favorite players in this draft.
26. Green Bay - Kenny Vaccarro S TEX - Green Bay needs some serious help in the defensive backfield. Charles Woodson is done, and they have no one to pair with Tramon Williams. So they could either go CB, or safety here. I have them picking the best safety in the draft.
27. Houston - Kevin Minter LB LSU - Houston lost Cushing last year and suffered for it, they won't let that hurt them again as they take Minter here. Minter has been compared to Takeo Spikes, and that is a very good thing.
28. Denver - Xavier Rhodes CB FSU - Champ Baily sucks, and Denver is hurting everywher ein the defensive backfield. Xavier Rhodes gives them a guy who can cojme in and start from day 1. He could possibly be the second best CB in the draft, but his speed is a question.
29. New England - John Jenkins DT GA - Vince Wilfork is almost done. He's had an amazing career, but is starting to drop off. NE has to find a replacement for him if they want to continue their sucess. Jenkins is huge. 359 pounds huge. And if he runs anything under 5.2 at the combine he could go even higher than this.
30. Atlanta - Ezekiel Ansah DE BYU - Atlanta's defense was their downfall eventually, so they'll look to shore up their defensive line by taking a pure pass rusher. Ansah could be the best defensive lineman in this draft when all is said and done. He's too much of a curiosity, which will keep him out of the top 20.
31. San Francisco - Matt Elam S FLA - Deshaun Goldson is probably gone, so the 49ers will look to replace him. Elam gives them a strong player who could come in and start right away.
32. Baltimore - Terrence Williams WR BAY - Baltimore won the SB, so they don't have any glaring weaknesses right now. Ed Reed may retire, and Ray Lewis is gone, so defense should be a priority, but the Ravens may have to cut Anquan Boldin due to cap problems, so WR could be a possibility. Terrence Williams is a big physical guy who can catch the bombs that Flacco throws.
1. Jacksonville - Barkevious Mingo DE/OLB LSU
2. Kansas City - Matt Barkley QB USC
3. Philadelphia - Alex Okafor DE/OLB TEX
4. Detroit - Johnathon Banks CB Miss ST
5. Cincinnati - Eddie Lacey RB BAMA
6. Arizona - Zach Ertz TE STAN
7. New York Jets - Johnathon Cyprein S FIU
8. Tennessee - Eric Reid S LSU
9. Buffalo - Robert Woods WR USC
10. Miami - Kyle Long OT ORG
11. Tampa Bay - Jordan Poyer CB OR ST
12. Carolina - Arthur Brown LB KSU
13. San Diego - Datone Jones DE UCLA
14. St. Louis - Gavin Escobar TE SDST
15. Dallas - William Gholston DE MSU
16. Pittsburgh - Markus Wheaton WR OR ST
17. New York Giants - Larry Warford OG KY
18. Chicago - Travis Frederick C WISC
19. Washington - Phillip Thomas S FRES ST
20. Minnesota - Quinton Patton WR LA TECH
21. Cincinnati - Shaun Williams S GA
22. Miami - Sam Montgomery DE LSU
23. Green Bay - BArrett Jones C BAMA
24. Seattle - Kawaan Short DT PURDUE
25. Houston - Travis Kelce TE CINN
26. Denver - Bacarri Rambo S GA
27. New England - Khaseem Greene LB RUT
28. Atlanta - Vance McDonald TE RICE
29. San Francisco - Dallas Thomas T TENN
30. Baltimore - Brandon Williams DT Miss S ST