BIG BOARD TOP PROSPECTS
Here is my big board for the 2013 draft. You're getting a sneak-peak at my thought process and the inside scoop on my scouting info. I will go through and highlight a couple of the more interesting prospects, as well as share a little bit of knowledge about them...
1. Chance Warmack OG Alabama - The best player in the draft. The only thing keeping him from being the #1 overall pick is that he doesn't play tackle.
2. Luke Joeckel OT Texas A&M -
3. Eric Fisher OT Central Michigan -
4. Shariff Floyd DT Florida -
5. Geno Smith QB West Virginia - Probably my favorite QB prospect to ever come out. I believe he has all-star written all over him. I just wish the Bears were in position to draft him.
6. Dee Miliner CB Alabama -
7. Dion Jordan OLB/DE Oregon -
8. Bjoern Werner DE FSU -
9. Tavon Austin WR West Virginia - Tavon is this high on my big board, but won't go this high in the draft. He's the best playmaker, but his size will scare teams away.
10. Lane Johnson OT Oklahoma -
11. Cordarelle Patterson WR Tennessee -
12. Barkevious Mingo OLB/DE LSU -
13. Star Lotulelei DT Utah -
14. Jonathon Cooper OG North Carolina -
15. Sheldon Richardson DT Missouri -
16. Jarvis Jones OLB Georgia -
17. Ezekial Ansah DE BYU -
18. Desmond Trufant CB Washington -
19. Kenny Vaccaro FS Texas -
20. Xavier Rhodes CB FSU -
21. Datone Jones DE UCLA - Jones has been a fast riser on everyone's big board, due to his versatility and excellent size, he can play both DT and DE in a 4-3 system.
22. Keenan Allen WR California -
23. Jonathon Hankins DT OSU -
24. Eddie Lacey RB Alabama -
25. DeAndre Hopkins WR Clemson -
26. Kawann Short DT Purdue -
27. Alex Okafor DE Texas -
28. Matt Barkley QB USC - Had Barkley came out last year there was an argument over who should be picked first, him or Luck. After a disappointing senior season, Barkley has really taken a tumble.
29. Matt Elam SS Florida -
30. Manti Te'o ILB Norte Dame - Love me some Manti Te'o. He will be a first round pick before all is said and done.
31. Damontre More DE Texas A&M -
32. Kevin Minter ILB LSU -
33. Alec Ogletree ILB Georgia -
34. Johnthan Banks CB Miss St -
35. Mike Glennon QB NCST -
36. Arthur Brown ILB KSU -
37. David Amerson CB NCST - If you'd have asked me about Amerson before the season I would've told you he was a surefire top 10 pick. He disappointed, but will still be a 2nd rounder with the possibility of sneaking into the late first.
38. Robert Woods WR USC -
39. Sam Montgomery DE LSU -
40. Jesse Williams DT Alabama -
41. Jonathon Cyprien SS FIU -
42. Jamar Taylor CB BSU -
43. Zach Ertz TE Stanford -
44. EJ Manuel QB FSU - EJ Manuel could very well be a 1st round pick.
45. John Jenkins DT Georgia -
46. Tank Carradine DE FSU - Had Tank not been injured this season he'd be a top 10 pick for sure. He's a great pass rusher, as well as being solid against the run. Remind me of DaQuan Bowers coming out.
47. Travis Frederick C Wisconsin -
48. Quinton Patton WR LA Tech -
49. Tyler Wilson QB Arkansas -
50. Terron Armstead LT APB -
51. Ryan Nassib QB Syracuse -
52. Kyle Long OT/OG Oregon -
53. Eric Reid FS LSU -
54. Terrance Williams WR Baylor -
55. Kahseem Greene LB Rutgers -
56. Gavin Escobar TE SDST -
57. Markus Wheaton WR ORST -
58. Menelik Watson OT FSU -
59. Jordan Poyer CB ORST -
60. Dallas Thomas OT Tennessee -
61. Barrett Jones C Alabama -
62. Justin Hunter WR Tennessee -
63. Vance McDonald TE Rice -
64. Margus Hunt DE S. Methodist -
65. Phillip Thomas FS Fresno St -
66. Zaviar Gooden OLB Missouri - This guy could be a Chicago Bear come April. He's going to go on day 2. Just a question of when.
67. Larry Warford OG Kentucky -
68. Justin Pugh OG Syracuse -
69. Brian Winters OG Kent St. -
70. Lonnie Pryor FB FSU - A fullback in the top 100? Yes. He's a total beast.
So there you have it, a 70 man big board. Though this is just an iota of the information I have saved and accrued, this will give you a hint of what goes on when I do my scouting. Look for my final 7 round mock draft here in a few weeks. Until then keep it real.