I thought this would be a fun thing to do, take my original 2012 first round mock, the very first one I did before the college season last year, and talk about it in context with how the actual draft went.
I'll use a simple + / - system, if I got the pick correct it gets a +, wrong gets a - . At the end I'll tally it up and see what my score was...Let's get started
7. Jacksonville Jaguars - Quinton Coples DE NC -
8. Carolina Panthers - Devin Still DT Penn St. -
10. Buffalo Bills - Melvin Ingram DE SC -
11. Kansas City Chiefs - John Martin OT Stanford -
12. Seattle Seahawks - Zach Brown LB NC -
13. Arizona Cardinals -. Mike Adams OT OSU -
14. Dallas Cowboys - Dre Kirkpatrick CB Alabama -
18. San Diego Chargers - Courtney Upshaw Pass Rusher Alabama -
20. Tennessee Titans - Janoris Jenkins CB Florida North Alabama -
21. Cincinnati Bengals - David Wilson RB Virginia Tech -
22. Cleveland Browns - Mohammed Sanu WR Rutgers -
23. Detroit Lions - Cordy Glenn OT Georgia -
25. Denver Broncos -. Coby Fleener TE Stanford -
26. Houston Texans - Rueben Randall WR LSU -
29. Baltimore Ravens - Vontaze Burfict LB Arizona State -
30. San Francisco 49ers - Jerel Worthy DT Mich St -
31. New England Patriots - Andre Branch Pass Rusher Clemson -
That's 2 pluses out of 32 picks. OUCH!! Not great =] . Now some of these teams, I feel, would've been better off picking the player I had them pick!! I may not have gotten a lot of the picks correct, but I think I called a fair amount of the players in the first round correctly.
What do you guys think? You think I know more than some of these GMs or what!?