All of the following will be taken from Twitter, and first up some draft nuggets from Adam Hoge from CBSChicago and WSCR.
- Emery says 3 categories for draft board: Players they would trade up for, players they hope fall to them & players they'd trade back for.
- Emery on trading back: "We've already had a few teams approach us." Said he has approached teams too.
- Emery on trading back: "I'll go back as far as we really feel like we can get a good deal."
- Emery declines to address Georgia LB Alec Ogletree's off the field concerns.
- Emery says he tells his scouts that they are 50 percent investigative, 50 percent talent scout.
- Emery on drafting a QB: "Jay's contract status doesn't impact it. I'd like to draft a quarterback every year."
- Emery wants to draft "players that are high-end dynamic athletes that can do a lot of things."
- Emery: Says can't say "never" on possible return for Brian Urlacher. But doesn't sound likely.
- Emery says Robbie Gould will not participate in minicamp b/c of injuries. Marshall had hip surgery. WR Brandon Marshall and K
- Emery says no regrets over how Urlacher situation was handled. "There was no lack of clarity."
- Evan Rodriguez as a fullback on roster still listing
- Emery: "I expect them to contribute at a higher level" when asked about Shea McClellin and Alshon Jeffery entering Year 2.
- Emery on McCown: "Gained an appreciation" for how much player helped others when he returned last year.
- Emery: No chance Roberto Garza moves to guard. "We like him at center."
- Emery: "Looking at several players to sign to the roster" and DL Israel Idonije is in that mix.
Here's a few other random tidbits from Comcast Sports John "Moon" Mullin.
- Emery had favorable impression after meeting with Manti Te'o
- Emery does put more stock in key games like bowls or top opponents
- Emery says Bears less likely to trade up because of only five picks
And some nuggets from the Northwest Herald.
- Phil Emery "disappointed" by Evan Rodriguez arrest: "He was re-educated on my expectation for a Chicago Bear on and off the field."
- Bears GM Phil Emery says he feels good about Josh McCown as a possible No. 2 QB behind Jay Cutler.
- Sounds as if Bears "voluntary" minicamp will have 100 percent attendance. "I don't know any AWOLs right now," Phil Emery says.
- Phil Emery on Shea McClellin: "He has versatility as an athlete. He can do a lot of things. We're looking for those type of players."
- Bears GM Phil Emery on signings of Bushrod & Bennett: "It gave us a lot more flexibility. It allows us to look at all of the positions."
- Bears GM Phil Emery on strengths of the draft: CB, S, DL, OL. He says the running backs and quarterbacks "are average."
If you're wondering how the Halas Hall renovation is going here's a couple pics from CBS2 weekend sports anchor Megan Mawicke.
Halas hall renovations on other side of building too twitter.com/meganmawicke/s…— megan mawicke (@meganmawicke) April 16, 2013
Now it's your turn Bears fans, sound off!