You can call this my Mock 2.0 if you'd like, as I ran through a 1-19 mock draft a few weeks ago.
I believe that Phil Emery will be looking to trade back from #20, and depending on who is available, I think the 49ers would make a logical trade partner. But for the purposes of this mock draft, there is no trading out of the 20th pick. Make a selection, and tell us why.
1) Kansas City Chiefs: Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M - I think as we get closer to the actual draft, the Chiefs will give more thought to taking Eric Fisher. He's a better athlete than Joeckel, and may have more upside.
2) Jacksonville Jaguars: Dion Jordan, DE/OLB, Oregon - New head coach Gus Bradley is a defensive guy, and I think he'll want the versatility that Jordan will bring. He's a 6'6", 250 pound pass rusher with 4.6 speed.
3) Oakland Raiders: Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida - How pissed off would new Raider QB Matt Flynn be if they drafted Geno Smith. Talk about deja vu. If Al Davis were still in charge, you could expect a curve ball here, but Floyd has a chance to be dominant.
4) Philadelphia Eagles: Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia - I think the Eagles would like to draft Smith, as he would be a good fit for the new offense, but if another QB needy team makes a hefty offer to trade up, I believe the Eagles make a move.
Previous pick: Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan
5) Detroit Lions: Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan - The Lions need a pass rusher after cutting Kyle Vanden Bosch, and Cliff Avril signing with the Seahawks, but with a potential elite left tackle prospect sitting here, they go with Fisher.
Previous pick: Ezekiel Ansah, DE/OLB, BYU
7) Arizona Cardinals: Ezekiel Ansah, DE/OLB, BYU - With Carson Palmer now in the fold, snagging someone to get after the Qb makes sense. Ansah may have the highest ceiling of all the pass rushers in the draft. He has the size, speed, and athleticism of an elite prospect.
Previous pick: Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
8) Buffalo Bills: Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma - I think the Bills are going to roll the dice and get a blind side protector in the first round, and try and grab their QB in the second round. Matt Barkley might fall all the way to them, or they may be able to draft Ryan Nassib of Syracuse. Don't forget new Bills head coach Doug Marrone was Nassib's head coach last year.
Previous pick: Matt Barkley, QB, USC
9) New York Jets: Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia - The Jets need to get after the QB, and Jones led the nation in sacks. Now that Star Lotulelei has received another clean medical check up, he's a real possibility here.
10) Tennessee Titans: Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah - I had them going WR, I seriously considered one of the guards, but Star Lotulelei has a chance to be a rock on the interior of their defense for a long time. Once he refines his technique he can be a very special player.
Previous pick: Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee
11) San Diego Chargers: Chance Warmack, G, Alabama - Warmack may be the best player in the draft, and the Chargers just lost starting OG Louis Vasquez. Fast rising guard Jonathan Cooper is a possibility here as well.
Previous pick: Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma
14) Carolina Panthers: Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri - The Panthers need help on OL and DL, so OG Jonathan Cooper would be a possibility here, but I think they go with a DT and look for OL help in the 2nd.
Previous pick: Star Lotulelei, NT, Utah
Previous pick: Kenny Vaccaro, FS, Texas
17) Pittsburgh Steelers: Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee - I think the Steelers would have liked to take Austin, but with him gone, they go next WR up. Patterson is a raw prospect, but they need a WR, and his upside is huge.
Previous pick: Barkevious Mingo, OLB, LSU
18) Dallas Cowboys: Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State - The Cowboys could use o-line help, but with the switch to a 4-3, I think they go defense with this pick. Werner is a 4-3 DE, and would be a good fit in their new Tampa 2 D.
Previous pick: Jonathan Cooper, OG, North Carolina
19) New York Giants: Kenny Vaccaro, FS, Texas - I think this pick comes down to linebacker or safety, and Vaccaro will have a chance to start as a rookie.
Previous pick: Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State
20) Chicago Bears: _________, ___, __________ - Now it's your turn... Let us know who you're taking if the real NFL draft fell this way. There are quite a few possibilities still sitting there for Phil Emery, and just to name a few;
Then again, maybe you would go another direction at number 20. Give us your choice, and be sure to tell us why you went with who you went with. The only rules are NO TRADING DOWN!
I'll play along this time, and if it were me I'd take Cooper. He has played all three interior o-line positions, and I think he's a plug and play guy from day 1.
Now it's your turn, make a pick...