1) Last week an arrest warrant was issued for Chad Johnson because he failed to meet with his probation officer. My initial thought was; How dumb do you have to be to miss out on a scheduled visit with your probation officer? But then I realized it's probably just as stupid as getting arrested for domestic violence in the first place.
2) I like the San Diego Chargers signing of Dwight Freeney. Even though he's best suited to play a 4-3 DE, and San Diego runs the 3-4, Freeney received experience as a 3-4 OLB last year. And besides, on passing downs many 3-4 teams bring out various fronts to confuse an offense, and Freeney will be able to rush the QB from where ever he's most comfortable.
3) Oh look, another Seattle Seahawks player was busted for using PEDs. Bruce Irvin is the 7th Seahawk to test positive for an illegal substance since 2011. I wonder if Pete Carroll just took his cheating ways from USC to the Emerald City...
4) The New England Patriots are receiving quite a bit of flak for cutting DT Kyle Love after he was diagnosed with diabetes. The Pats didn't violate ant NFL rules, nor did they break any employment laws, they simply made a decision to part ways with a player they believed could no longer help them win. There are no guarantees in the NFL, and N.E. did offer him a retirement deal.
And in case you missed it, the Jacksonville Jaguars did sign Love to play and he did pass his physical.
5) I'll make a prediction right now, Green Bay Packers linebacker Desmond Bishop will not win the leagues Defensive MVP. Bishop won't even be the Packers Defensive MVP. And just in case you're not sure what I'm talking about, he predicted an MVP for himself this year.
Thank you to the Fans who are helping buy ALL the items from our wedding registry at Bed Bath & Beyond … say.ly/MLw5Rbg— Robert Griffin III (@RGIII) May 19, 2013
What would prompt fans to go to the store and buy stuff for a multimillionaire is beyond me. You have to hand it to RGIII, he's been very grateful for all his gifts.
Because you are rich you are not allowed to receive gifts and any gifts you receive should be donated to charity???? #WOW Smh...— Robert Griffin III (@RGIII) May 20, 2013
Smh indeed RGIII, smh indeed...
7) Per Adam Schefter, the NFL is expected to move the start of the league year up to before the NFL Combine, and push the draft back to May. What this means is an earlier free agent frenzy and more time for Mock Draft Season.
"Brian was a great player and still is a great player," Emery said. "I have the utmost respect for Brian. As I've told people before, I've got far too many gray hairs to never say never. But obviously we've made an investment in terms of bringing a couple of key veterans in and drafting a couple rookies. So I would say that that is less likely to happen than more likely."
Hopefully those few #54 faithful that are still holding a candle for their guy, can now move on and get back to focusing on the current crop of Bears players.
10) Pete Prisco of CBSSports.com asked a pressing question of each NFL team heading into the Summer. His big question for the Bears has him wondering who starts at middle linebacker.
For years, it was Brian Urlacher in the middle. Now he's gone, released earlier this year. The Bears signed veteran D.J. Williams from Denver to take over in the middle. But they also drafted Florida's Jon Bostic in the second round of the draft. Whoever takes over has some big shoes to fill.
If that is the top question for the Bears, then 2013 will be smooth sailing. I think the pressing question for the Bears is; How will the Bears offensive players take to the new Marc Trestman West Coast Offense?
What do you have as the most pressing question for the Bears heading into this summer?