1) I know injuries are part of the game, but I hate seeing so many season altering injuries after just a handful of practices.
2) I guess that whole, 'I only want to play quarterback' thing is old news now for Tim Tebow? The Patriots had him catching passes on the first day of training camp. And you gotta love the quote from New England head coach Bill Belichick, when asked about Tebow's position, "I think that we'll use Tim wherever we feel like he's best for the team,"
4) Speaking of PEDs, Adrian Peterson is all for HGH testing in the NFL, saying it's definitely being used. I think it's great that a high profile player makes this type of statement. I just hope for his sake that he doesn't end up eating his words. There was a lot of speculation that Peterson was on something that aided his comeback last season, but he's continually claimed he's all natural.
5) I've asked one person for an autograph in my lifetime, and that was when I was around 10 years old. Once I hit puberty, I didn't see the point of asking someone to sign a piece of paper. The lady in this video was really, really, really, disappointed that she failed at getting an autograph from a member of the Washington Redskins.
I dare you to watch the entire video. If you make it all the way through, I'll see if Dane can ship out a peppermint, or two, as a special prize!
My lone autograph, by the way, was from Hacksaw Butch Reed, from when the NWA came through Joe Louis Arena. I still have it somewhere...
6) San Francisco tight end Vernon Davis has been working out with the wide receivers so far at training camp with the 49ers. They have some injury issues at wide out, so they figure they need to get their most explosive player even more opportunities to make plays. This is some good out the box thinking from head coach Jim Harbaugh.
7) I just read this morning that Oakland Raiders QB, Terrelle Pryor, admitted that he never learned how to throw a football until this year. That's pretty sad that his youth, high school, and college coaches, simply allowed him to get by on his athletic ability.
8) I'm sure by now you've heard about the race between Devin Hester, Chris Johnson, and a cheetah that will be aired on Nat Geo Wild. I can't see a human wining a straight up race with a cheetah, but I'm intrigued enough to tune in now.
9) I was talking with a friend over the weekend, and he brought up a good point about Chicago Bears top draft pick Kyle Long. If Long isn't able to start day 1 as a rookie, shouldn't that call into question the Bears scouting department?
Remember GM Phil Emery said that they had a 9.0 grade on Long, which is the highest grade a player can get on their scale. Emery said about Long, "He rates as rare,", so shouldn't such a highly graded, and "rare" football player be able to start right off the bat?
10) The Chicago Bears all passed their Training Camp conditioning test, some other teams weren't so fortunate.
Kelly on the failed tests: If it's your dream to play in the NFL you should be able to pass a conditioning test (series of sprints).
Kelly on the failed tests: If it's your dream to play in the NFL you should be able to pass a conditioning test (series of sprints).— Jeff McLane (@Jeff_McLane) July 23, 2013
Your body is your money in the NFL. How the hell do you flunk the conditioning test. Get your fat ass in shape
Your body is your money in the NFL. How the hell do you flunk the conditioning test. Get your fat ass in shape— Pete Prisco (@PriscoCBS) July 25, 2013
More from Windy City Gridiron:
- Chicago Bears Training Camp Day 4 Recap: DE Turk McBride out for the season
- Chicago Bears Training Camp: Day 4 Open Thread
- The Bears Den: July 29, 2013 - Training Camp news and notes
- Bears to Get Back Sedrick Ellis' Signing Bonus And Other Camp Notes
- Chicago Bears Training Camp: Competition Abounds at Line and Receivers