The Sugar Bowl is being played tonight and the two teams, Oklahoma and Alabama, are NFL factories who churn out countless NFL talent year after year. This game gives a possibility for Bears fans to get an early look at potential prospects in preparation for the offseason.
Prospects to watch (Round projections per WalterFootball.com)
FS - Ha'Sean Clinton-Dix #6 (Jr)
- It is widely known that Chicago's safety tandem struggled, and a player like Clinton-Dix could be a great upgrade. He is a first round prospect.
MLB - CJ Mosley #32 (Sr)
- A leader in the stout Alabama defence, particularly noted for strong pass coverage. A player the Bears could target for BPA especially considering the struggles of the Chicago linebacker core. He is a first round prospect.
LOLB - Adrian Hubbard #42 (RS Jr)
- A rush linebacker who has struggled this season, but can be an intriguing prospect if the Bears choose to change to a 3-4 defence. He is a second-third round prospect.
QB - AJ McCarron #10 (RS Sr)
- Widely decorated three year started, winner of the 2013 Maxwell Award, and two time National Championship winning starting quarterback. Possible development backup. Second-third round prospect.
RG - Anthony Steen #61 (RS Sr)
- Three year starter on the rock solid Alabama line. Potential target for OL depth. Second - fourth round prospect.
LT - Cyrus Kouandjio #71 (Jr)
- Two year starter. An unlikely option for the Bears, but who knows what Emery may do. First rounder.
CB - Aaron Colvin #14 (Sr)
- Good man cover corner, three year starter including one at safety. Potential DB target in the fourth - sixth rounds
C - Gabe Ikard #64 (RS Sr)
- Four year starter for Oklahoma and 3 time First Team All Big 12. Could be a target if the team decides to move on from Garza. Projected as a fifth-seventh rounder, but could rise meteorically.
WR - Jalen Saunders #8 (Sr)
- 5'9" height, 4.40 runner, can never have too many options for Jay. Projected sixth - UDFA rounds.