Here are the nuts and bolts of theses NFL Word Clouds.
One more thing... Before you venture further, be warned that you may encounter some foul language in the Word Cloud. With that in mind, since you'll see some naughty words anyway, we'll make this an open thread.
So if that's not your thing click here for a quick randomly placed redirect!
If you don't know what a Word Cloud is, our sister site the Daily Norseman broke it down like this.
A visual representation for text data, typically used to depict keyword metadata on websites, or to visualize free form text. Tags are usually single words, and the importance of each tag is shown with font size or color.
The bottom line is the more a word is used, the larger it appears in the Word Bubble. Here's the top 100 words for the 2013 Bears Bubble.
That looks an awful lot like a typical game day open thread here on Windy City Gridiron. For a larger version of the 100 Word Bears Bubble click here.
A few quick observations...
- Bears fans sure like dropping the F-Bomb quite a bit.
- I find it interesting that Packers is mentioned almost as much as Defense. If reddit is anything like WCG, I'm sure there were quite a few 'F*** the Packers!' comments.
- The second most used name was backup quarterback Josh McCown. He moved the needle more than Brandon Marshall, Matt Forte, Lance Briggs and Alshon Jeffery. Jeffery by the way had both his first and last name in the top 100.
- I am a little surprised there was no "Jefferies" in the clouds.
- Chris Conte's name was dropped quite a bit. I'd imagine many sentences went like this 'That %$@#ing Conte sucks!'
- Good to see Ditka in the cloud.
- And the retired Brian Urlacher was still a hot topic in 2013 too.
- Lovie Smith appeared in the Cloud
- As did "God", which makes me curious on how that was worked into the casual Bears conversation.
- "Draft" had a good showing. I'm guessing from those crying for defensive help in the draft.
What were your thoughts on the Chicago Bears Word Clouds?
- The Bears Den: February 14, 2014 - Chicago Bears offseason news & notes
- Jerry Angelo, Jay Cutler, and unreturned investments (Open Thread)
- Chicago Bears set dates for OTAs and Veteran Mini Camp
- Is T.J. Ward the perfect target for the Chicago Bears?
- Mocking The Mocks: Whom CBSSports.com thinks the Chicago Bears will take