1) What would be worse, Donald Trump owning your favorite NFL team or losing your team to Toronto? Jon Bon Jovi is trying to relocate the Buffalo Bills to Toronto, but The Donald may be part of an ownership group that allows the Bills to stay.
2) This is a real thing. greenbaypackerslovers.com
No, it's not a website for those that love the Packers, it's a site for Packer fans to make a love connection.
3) The San Francisco 49ers have had a slew of draft picks the last few years, and they rolled the dice last off season on injured South Carolina tailback Marcus Lattimore in the 4th round. He sat out his rookie year, but is now 100% healthy and primed to give one of the NFC's best teams an offensive boost.
4) J.J. Watt is not only one of the best players in the NFL, he's an outstanding human being too.
He posted this video to his Instagram with the following message,
The kids at Trey's school didn't believe that we were friends...
5) If you haven't read any of the NFL scouting reports from SB Nation's Stephen White, a former NFL defensive end, you're really missing out. His latest Notebook takes a look at late round defensive end prospect Michael Sam. He calls Sam the best corner rusher that he's broken down so far.
I wonder how long it'll take for this comment thread to turn into a McCown vs. Jay Cutler debate because I referenced the Dunking Buccaneer?
7) At this point I think it would be an absolute shocker if Jadeveon Clowney isn't the #1 pick of the Houston Texans.
8) Running back Chris Johnson signed with the New York Jets, joining fellow newcomers Michael Vick at quarterback and Eric Decker at receiver. My initial thought was that this was an inconsequential move, but th emore I think about it, the more I like it. Vick if familiar with the offense, and Johnson will be playing with a chip on his shoulder.
What do you predict for the new look Jet offense?
9) It's being reported that the Chicago Bears have serious interest in Florida defensive tackle Dominique Easley as a 2nd rounder. What does that mean for the Bears first round prospects? Would they draft DT back to back in the first two rounds, or does this mean they're leaning towards a defensive back?
10) In checking out the latest mock draft from SB Nation, I noticed they have WCG favorite Aaron Donald going at 12 overall to the New York Giants, but they still have the Bears going with a defensive tackle in the first round.
14. Chicago Bears - Ra'Shede Hageman, DT, Minnesota
The Bears would be wise to focus on the defensive line early in the 2014 NFL Draft. Aaron Donald is believed to be one of their top targets in this draft, but with him off the board, Ra'Shede Hageman makes quite a bit of sense for them as well. Donald and Hageman are two entirely different players, but Hageman has the versatility to move around Chicago's line a bit.
With their mock falling like it is, I think I'd be fine with Hageman. His potential is right up there with all the top prospects available, but it's the boom or bust factor that has some fans worried.
In the second round they have the Bears addressing the safety position, and it's another player we've talked about here on WCG.
51. Chicago Bears - Jimmie Ward, S, Northern Illinois
The Bears would be incredibly fortunate to see a safety of Ward's quality drop this far in the second round. He's a pass-coverage specialist who can play deep or line up against a receiver in the slot.
If Ward is there at 51, and the Bears haven't picked at safety in the 1st, then Ward would be a solid choice.
What are your thoughts on this mock draft for the Bears, and what are your thoughts on my Thoughts this week?