Here are my quick thoughts on the game:
1) I know Cutler threw five picks and I'm not making excuses for him. Realistically, a few of them aren't his fault.
2) The University of Northern Iowa (where I currently go) has a better OL than the Chicago Bears. Good God, I'm sick of them.
3) Tommie, kudos for showing up yesterday. Keep that effort up.
4) Our defense also showed up. Against a crappy QB. So congrats, D.
5) Only positive thing about this game: We had five turnovers and still held them to 10 points. Again, see point #4.
6) I'm really glad that I'm going to be out and about in Chicago and not on WCG today listening to everyone call for someone's head.
7) I'm also going to the Bulls game tomorrow. I'm hoping I'll be lucky enough to watch one Chicago team have a good game.
Anyways, let's go.
Lovie on the game:
"It's hard to win a football game when you have five turnovers. We've turned the ball over some games. But the penalties, that hasn't been something that we've done a lot. But they hurt you in the end. They can beat you at the end, and that's what happened. It's disappointing to be sitting here at 4-5 right now. I think we're a better football team than that. But normally whatever your record says is what you are. We have a lot of football left to go. We have another big game coming up. This one is disappointing, this one hurts. But we'll bounce back from it."
Lovie on Cutler:
"An interception is an interception to me. Jay is trying to make a play on every one, but you just have to use a little better judgment on some of them, especially the ones in the end zone. We just can't have it."
Cutler on the game:
"I've got to apologize to the defense. The offense as a whole has to apologize. They played a great game. They kept us in there, even through all the turnovers."
Olsen on the game:
"We had a shot. Our defense played exceptional. Hats off to our defense holding us in the game. They did a great job keeping it close while we were trying to get things rolling."
Ron Turner on Cutler's INT's on the goal line:
"I can help him there and give him a better call. They had it well covered. It was third-and-goal on the 1 1/2-yard line, and I called a play-action pass they had well covered. In that situation, you'd like to throw it away, but I got to give him a better call. We were putting four verticals, getting four guys in the end zone. We were trying to get Greg [Olsen] and Earl [Bennett] in the end zone, get some separation and read the safety. Greg came in, slid back out, and he [Cutler] stepped up in the pocket and tried to go to Greg."
Ron Turner on inserting Omiyale at the end:
"We knew we were going to throw on every down, so that's why we made a switch."
Adewale Ogunleye on the playoffs:
"Is it over? Nope. Arizona last year went to the Super Bowl at 9-7, so you got to find bits and pieces of things to draw on. Right now, it's not good, but you got to stay positive. We got to get ready for a serious, serious offense coming in with Philadelphia next Sunday."
Tommie Harris on the playoffs:
"It's not over yet. The NFL is so funny, with different teams losing that put you back in position (for a playoff berth). I think we'll get another opportunity, and I think we'll seize it. Right now, it's a tough pill to swallow, but we all have to stick together and keep on believing."
Lance Briggs on the D's performance:
"We have to build on this [defensive effort]. Five losses doesn't put you out. We have to build on this and get ready to face the Eagles next Sunday night."
Danieal Manning on the D's performance:
"We got to get those turnovers. For all the good we did tonight, not taking the ball away was the missing piece."