The fifth NFL weekend is in the books, and I still haven't seen "The Team" yet. The AFC does look to have a handful of teams that are better than anything in the NFC, but parity is the buzz word around water coolers these days.
Tonight's match up between the Vikings and the Jets could go a long way in determining exactly what each of these teams are. Then again, it could leave us with even more questions. If the Jets win, will that be because they are that good, or because Minnesota is struggling? Will Randy Moss be the X-Factor the Vikes need to be all they should be, or will he criticize the graying locks of his quarterback?
1) Moss does have a scraggly looking beard, but that Tom Brady Haircut is Terrible. Yes, Terrible with a capital ‘T'.
2) Are the Saints missing their running game or suffering a Super Bowl hangover?
3) And staying with that game... Did the Cardinals really put up 30 without a rushing or receiving TD?
4) The last of the unbeatens fell Sunday, with the unlikely Chiefs finally losing. Even though they lost, I'm leaning towards them being for real. If they can get some better QB play (and Matt Cassell is capable in that offense) I think they'll be in the playoff hunt all season...
5) ... especially with the way the Chargers are finding ways to lose games. Did you see Philip Rivers crying when he was blocked on the strip and score from the Raiders?
6) Whose seat is hotter? Mike Singletary's, John Fox's, or Wade Phillips'?
7) Mike Martz and the Bears can stick with the run game. Honestly, I was surprised they let Todd Collins throw as many as they did. He was Terrible.
8) The Packers sure were beat up by the Redskins. With concussion awareness as prevalent as it is, I wouldn't be surprised to see Aaron Rodgers miss at least one game.
9) Big win for the Giants, they kept the momentum up after whipping the Bears, and took it to the Texans Sunday.
10) How about them... Lions!