Another day of drafting, and another moment of wanting there to be more picks to follow. Count me among the many who aren't a fan of this draft set up, but it is what it is. We've got news from around the division and the first new Bear to walk his way into the Den.
- The Vikings filled a need at cornerback with Chris Cook, and drafted what should be a decent replacement for Chester Taylor in a few years in Toby Gerhart in the second round.
- The Packers once again rekindled the burning fires of menace that burn in the souls of Bears fans by trading up to take Morgan Burnett in the third, and tried to build up that defensive line in the second with Mike Neal.
- The Lions due to trades had only one pick in the last two rounds, but managed to fill a fairly desperate need at CB with Amari Spievey.
- The Bears made good use of their sole second day pick by grabbing Major Wright with pick 75 in the third round.
- Somewhat amusingly formerly best friends forever, Jordan Shipley and Colt McCoy go to instate rivals Cincinnati and Cleavland. Suffice to say, I doubt these two will be continuing to share shakes at the local malt shop.
- A possible sign of things to come, Mike Johnson was taken with the final pick of the third round going to the Falcons with one of their compensatory picks.
- Bears are still in need of guards with a hole at LG, and Garza beginning to get long in the tooth as well.
- A few lineman to discuss and keep in mind for tomorrow as they are still on the board: Mitch Petrus, Ciron Black, Kyle Calloway, Bruce Campbell(Medical Permitting), Adam Ulatoski, and for a late round guys with possible value Shelly Smith, or Brandon Carter.