New Chicago Bears Offensive Line Coach Mike Tice sat down with chicagobears.com writer Larry Mayer, and had a lot of interesting things to say about how the offensive line is progressing.
Let's go past the jump to take a look at some of the quick highlights, and see what you have to think about this crucial component to the Bears offensive success.
The quick highlights:
- He noticed that they got better as the season went on.
- While Chris Williams wasn't twice as good at LT than RT, Tice definitely noticed that he looked and felt more natural there.
- They've worked hard, and he thinks that'll transfer over. They're picking the system up quickly, and run some practices similar to game situations.
- Asiata is currently in the lead for the left guard position, due to a very strong off-season. Beekman is in the number 2 slot.
- Again, Chris Williams is getting better.
- Kruetz and Shaffer graded out highest from last season, and he's confident he's got enough left in the tank to go.
- Garza is molding himself to fit in with everyone, and it's going pretty well.
- Lance Louis can play four positions, if necessary. After a starting line of Williams, Asiata, Kreutz, Garza, Omiyale, the top three backups currently rank Beekman, Shaffer, Louis.
So what do you think? I like the way the line is shaping up...and I can't wait to see how they do in camp. Bearbonnais, here we come!