That's about the only statement that can be made with certainty regarding the Bears and their rare first-round pick. Bob LeGere picked up on an interesting factoid about the experts' mock drafts - no one agrees on who, or what, the Bears should draft at number 29.
To recap, here's what several mock drafts have the Bears in the market for:
- Pro Football Weekly's Nolan Nawrocki: OT Orlando Franklin
- NFLDraftScout's Rob Rang: DT Corey Liuget
- Mel Kiper: OT Nate Solder
- NFL.com's Steve Wyche: CB Brandon Harris
- Pat Kirwan: CB Aaron Williams
- Don Banks: OT Derek Sherrod
I guess when you have as many needs as the Bears do that could use an injection of first round talent, this is what you end up with. Though, with the draft likely coming before any free agency this year, it becomes more important to nail the draft picks (as if it wasn't important already, you know).