All my football focus of late has been on the Draft. I've been a fan of the draft since 1986 when I stayed home from school (cough cough) to watch the wall to wall coverage on ESPN. I just can't wait to see what the Bears have planned for Thursday night. But... The all around sports scene in Chicago has been very newsworthy the last week. Some for better reasons than others.
1) No team in the NBA this season has bounced back from a loss like the Bulls have. I expect the United Center to be rocking Tuesday night as the Bulls close out game 5 and send the Pacers fishing.
2) That is... as long as Derrick Rose is 100%...
3) With 6 points in the 3 games since his return and a plus/minus of +6, I guess the Blackhawk's Dave Bolland was the X-Factor after all.
4) It's such a sports cliche, but there is nothing better than a playoff game 7. Move over 'Hawks fans that Blackhawks Bandwagon will be full come Tuesday night. And what a Tuesday night is should be, with both Chicago playoff teams looking for the dagger.
5) So much for the White Sox and their hot hitting start. Their bats have cooled off quite a bit.
6) None more so than Gordan Beckham, in his last 13 games he's 5 for his last 46 with no base on balls and 12 strikeouts. Maybe this is the real Gordan Beckham?
7) Speaking of young up and coming supposed future stars, the Cubs Starlin Castro looks like he'll be an All Star staple for the next 10+ years.
8) Believe it or not, the Cubs were in 1st place last week. I didn't expect the NL Central to be this bad.
9) Even with so many mock drafts having the Bears going in so many different directions, I still find it weird when I see a new name in a 1st round mock to Chicago. This one had TCU offensive lineman Marcus Cannon going at #29 just a few hours ago, but now they are back at Derek Sherrod.
10) The NFL Network has their Top 100 current players in the NFL as voted on by the players debuting this weekend. How many Bears do you think will make the list. I think Brian Urlacher and Julius Peppers are locks, with Lance Briggs and Devin Hester having an outside chance at making the top 100. What do you all think?