The starting nose tackle position could be in some minor jeopardy for Stephen Paea as he suffered an ankle injury at the tail end of practice yesterday. He was able to get back in immediately, but showed up today in a walking boot. Trainers gave him a one-to-two week recovery period.
Brian Price also left practice today with a neck stinger. Other players not at practice today were Brian Urlacher for his knee, Dom DeCicco with his groin injury, Jabara Williams with a hamstring injury, and Geno Hayes due to an illness. Chilo Rachal also did not practice.
For other camp notes, hit the jump.
- At the left tackle competition, J'Marcus Webb began the day there. Chris Williams, like yesterday, took some alternating time with the first unit, so it looks like either the competition isn't over or Williams is just getting some standard swing tackle reps, take your pick.
- Kelvin Hayden sighting, as he plays with the ones at Nickel.
- Eric Weems practiced today with the receivers, which, you know, is good, since he's also a receiver.
- Apparently things got chippy between the running backs and the defensive backs during their blocking drills. Whoa, back up, guys.
- Craig Steltz learned some pass-rush moves. Major Wright and DJ Moore also looked good against running backs. Shea McClellin pays rapt attention.
- Jennings took back an INT for a touchdown. And Corey Wootton continues to impress.
- Earl Bennett caught a great sideline toss. Zaidman predicts a big year.
- McClellin continued to play with the ones when Idonije rotated to tackle - this is looking more and more like their third-down pass-rush unit.
- JT Thomas came in and took first-team reps at the Sam on the 7-on-7 drills.
- And Kellen Davis caught a touchdown in those drills. And the peasants rejoiced. Kyle Adams got one later.
- Craig Steltz got another interception!
- Charles Tillman got a pick too. Guess which side of the ball had a better day.
- Webb wants to know where he stands? Webb got schooled by McClellin.
- Major Wright got a pick as well, when Brandon Marshall (!) couldn't haul one in.
- Cory Brandon got into another tizzy with a player, this time Blake Costanzo.
- Tim Jennings got in between Alshon Jeffery and a reception.
If you want some other notes of interest, Cedric Benson is officially a Packer. And the Jaguars picked up... Josh Beekman. And last but not least, just happened, Chad Johnson was cut by the Dolphins, who appear to not want to play with any wide receivers this season.