Pro Football Talk is reporting some bad news for Chicago Bears fans...
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Bears LB Lance Briggs out 4-6 weeks with shoulder injury, per league source. No surgery needed.</p>— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) <a href="https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/statuses/392328150580879361">October 21, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
With Lance Briggs out, expect rookie Jon Bostic to see some playing time in nickle situations. Also expect Bostic to have the radio receiver in his helmet, as he assumes play calling duties in the defensive huddle.
If I were calling the shots at Halas Hall, I would throw rookie Khaseem Green in at outside linebacker, in place of Briggs.
We'll have a press conference open thread up right now, so please keep it PG-13 in this comment thread.
Keep it locked here at Windy City Gridiron for more Bears injury news as it breaks.
More from Windy City Gridiron:
- Chicago Bears snap count breakdown vs the Washington Redskins
- The Bears Den: October 21, 2013 - Week 7 news and notes
- Bears Vs Redskins: Notes, Scribbles and Things Jotted Down
- Chicago Bears expected to re-sign quarterback Jordan Palmer
- Final Score: Chicago Bears lose 45-41 to the Washington Redskins