The longest tenured Chicago Bear in the history of the franchise is returning.
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>LM: <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Bears&src=hash">#Bears</a> have waived long-snapper Jeremy Cain, meaning it appears Patrick Mannelly will return Sunday vs. Rams.</p>— Chicago Bears (@ChicagoBears) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChicagoBears/statuses/402902649827110912">November 19, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Yes, it is true. Patrick Mannelly is apparently back.
It's unfortunate his return equals the departure of Jeremy Cain, but it is what it apparently is. Hasta la vista Cain, it was fun while it lasted.
There was one other fella getting a job today, linebacker Lawrence Wilson is back with the club, and added to the practice squad.
More from Windy City Gridiron:
- Ten Thoughts on the NFL: Chicago Bears and beyond
- Chicago Bears' David Bass nominated for rookie of the week
- The Bears Den: November 19, 2013 - Week 12 news & notes
- How Full is Josh McCown's Glass?
- Chicago Bears Injury Update: Jay Cutler and Lance Briggs ruled out for Rams game
- Chicago Bears Snap Count and statistical Breakdown vs the Baltimore Ravens
- Bears-Ravens report card