With a short week following a Monday Night game the Chicago Bears only help two full practices, yesterday and today. The big news from yesterday was obviously Jay Cutler having full participation, but lost in the shuffle was reigning NFC Defensive Player Of The Week Shea McClellin tweaking his hamstring.
The injury was severe enough that he was held out of practice today, and he's officially listed as doubtful (25% chance he will play) on the injury report. Coming off his best day as a pro, it looks like McClellin will sit this one out. David Bass will most likely to get the start.
Cutler is probable (75% chance he will play), and he appeared to have no setbacks at Friday's practice.
Chicago Bears already ruled out are Lance Briggs (shoulder), Patrick Mannelly (calf), and newcomer Jay Ratliff (groin).
Other Bears making the report, all listed as probable, James Brown (illness), Charles Tillman (knee), Blake Costanzo (back), and Dante Rosario (ankle).
As an fyi, both safety Major Wright and safety Chris Conte are 100%.
And just in case you missed it, earlier this week the Bears placed wide out Joe Anderson on the season ending injured reserve list and they waived defensive tackle Zach Minter.
T Corey Hilliard (Knee) Doubtful
DE Ezekiel Ansah (Ankle) Doubtful
CB Bill Bentley (Knee) Doubtful
RB Reggie Bush (Knee) Probable
S Louis Delmas (Knee) Probable
WR Calvin Johnson (Knee) Probable
S Glover Quin (Ankle) Probable
LB Travis Lewis (Ankle) Probable
What are your thoughts on the injury list for this Sunday's game?
More from Windy City Gridiron:
- Online poll says fans want Josh McCown to start over Jay Cutler versus Lions
- Bears-Packers report card
- The Bears Den: November 08, 2013 - Week 10 news and notes
- Chicago Bears Playbook - Matt Forte, Trestman's Chess Piece
- Chicago Bears Fantasy Football: Start 'Em and Sit 'Em vs the Lions
- Chicago Bears' Jay Cutler cleared to play vs. Detroit Lions
- Chicago Bears Sackwatch 2013: Week 9 vs. Green Bay Packers
- Ugh, You Again: Week 10, Detroit Lions