Here is the news many expected, and some hoped for:
LM: #Bears HC Marc Trestman says Jay Cutler will not play Monday night; Josh McCown will start vs. Cowboys.— Chicago Bears (@ChicagoBears) December 5, 2013
LM: Trestman: "I would say there's no chance" that #Bears LB Lance Briggs plays Monday night vs. Cowboys.— Chicago Bears (@ChicagoBears) December 5, 2013
This marks the seventh week that Lance Briggs will be out after his injury. The initial timetable was 4-6 weeks. Despite doing more at practice this week, he's still unable to go, and has now missed over half of the season. This is bad news for a team that could desperately use a healthy, relatively fresh Lance Briggs in the linebacking corps. With this news, we can expect the backfield of Anderson, Bostic, and Greene to suit up once again.
Regarding Cutler, the doctors have not yet cleared him medically, though the head coach remains optimistic that Cutler will return this season:
#Bears HC Trestman can't say when Cutler will return "week to week...encouraged by the work he got in" pic.twitter.com/W11Cjyv8Ua— Peggy Kusinski (@peggykusinski) December 5, 2013
The injury bug unfortunately continues to affect the Bears, and will continue to propel the discussion about Jay Cutler's future in Chicago. Stay tuned for any other developments.
- Chicago Bears offensive skill positions: Projected stats for 2013
- Chicago Bears Sackwatch 2013: Week 13 vs. Minnesota Vikings
- The Bears Den: December 05, 2013 - Week 14 news & notes
- If Marc Trestman is the Master Chef, what are his ingredients?
- Pleased to Meet You: Week 14, Dallas Cowboys
- Do you want a strictly by the book head coach?