The Bears sure acted fast. With the deadline on Tuesday to get the roster down to the 75-man limit, the team announced the 14 roster cuts that got the team there today.
Earlier today we gave you A.J. Lindeman, Tom Zbikowski and Kyle Moore.
LM: #Bears waive 14 players including WR Devin Aromashodu, TE Leonard Pope, S Tom Zbikowski.— Chicago Bears (@ChicagoBears) August 25, 2013
LM: #Bears also waive RB Brinkley, DT Foster, OT Lindeman, C Lonergan, S Martin, DE Moore.— Chicago Bears (@ChicagoBears) August 25, 2013
LM: #Bears also waive TE Miller, DT Russell, LB Trahan, P Way and LB Wilson.— Chicago Bears (@ChicagoBears) August 25, 2013
So that includes Devin Aromashodu, Leonard Pope, Eric Foster, PJ Lonergan, Derrick Martin, Gabe Miller, Brent Russell, Patrick Trahan, Tress Way, and Lawrence Wilson (not C.J. Wilson or Marquess Wilson). It sounds like the team might be done for the day, though.
LM: #Bears roster now at 76; must cut one more player by Tuesday.— Chicago Bears (@ChicagoBears) August 25, 2013
So, there's still one more cut that has to be made. And of course, when it happens, we'll have it for you. Could even be today, if they're just having a lunch break or a spot of tea or something.
More from Windy City Gridiron:
- 2013 Bears Roster Cuts: Bears Cut Kyle Moore, Tom Zbikowski, A.J. Lindeman
- 2013 Stats over/under: Martellus Bennett
- Bears Vs. Raiders Defensive Observations: Isaiah Frey and Cornelius Washington
- NFL Preseason Saturday Open Thread: Week 3
- Bears Vs. Raiders Offensive Observations: Alshon Jeffery is a Run Blocking Beast