The official word from Halas Hall is that the first 2013 Chicago Bears depth chart is unofficial. There aren't many surprises, but here are some of the more interesting developments.
The offensive line from left to right is mostly what we would expect, but James Brown and Kyle Long are listed as co-starters at right guard. Jermon Bushrod LT, Matt Slauson LG, Roberto Garza C, and J'Marcus Webb RT round out the starting 5(6).
Edwin Williams is listed as the #2 center, although Slauson has been getting time with the twos at center in camp.
Joe Anderson is listed as the #2 wide out behind starter Alshon Jeffery. Rookie WR Marquess Wilson is the 3rd receiver behind starter Brandon Marshal, and #2 Earl Bennett.
Tight end Steve Maneri is #2 behind Martellus Bennett, and the latest TE signed, Leonard Pope, is sitting in 6th.
Harvey Unga is listed as back up fullback, behind Tony Fiammetta.
On defense, both Corey Wootton and Shea McClellin are listed as co-starters at left defensive end, with rookie Cornelius Washington backing them up. Defensively there aren't any other noteworthy listings.
Full depth chart HERE.
More from Windy City Gridiron:
- Football Outsiders talks Chicago Bears with Windy City Gridiron
- The Bears Den: August 05, 2013 - Training Camp news and notes
- The Bears Six-Pack Keys to Victory: Preseason Game 1, Panthers Edition
- Chicago Bears Training Camp: Family Fest Practice Recap
- Chicago Bears 2013 Position Battles: The Specialists
- Over/under: Jay Cutler