1) If I had a tight end that could sustain their block like this...
I wouldn't even be mad at the occasional unsportsmanlike conduct penalty he receives for blocking his man right off the playing field.
2) Jonas Gray is just another typical find for the New England Patriots. Waived by the Dolphins in 2013, spent that year on the Ravens practice squad, signed to a reserve/future deal with New England in the off season, promoted from their practice squad in October of this year, rush 37 times for 201 yards with 4 TDs on November 16th.
3) There's a storm brewing in Washington. Rumors of a fractured locker room. The owner and GM dictating playing time. A quarterback accused of throwing his teammates under the bus. The star wide out taking cryptic shots via social media. The head coach criticizing quarterback through the press.
Things don't get any easier for the Redskins, with a trip to San Francisco followed by a trip to Indianapolis in the next couple weeks.
4) It's not often NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell does something that most people agree with, but suspending Adrian Peterson for the remainder of 2014 seems like an OK decision. Or does it...
Ha! Wisconsin wholeheartedly supporting Adrian Peterson’s suspension. pic.twitter.com/0tglrPUw2V— Kevin Seifert (@SeifertESPN) November 18, 2014
I'm a bit surprised that the majority of their voters sided against Goodell and the suspension.
If you're interested, here's the full statement from the NFL in regards to the suspension. Notice the wording of the title, Peterson is suspended for "at least" the remainder of the 2014 season.
If you want the entire situation explained in layman's terms, SB Nation has that covered.
5) Last night Steeler running back LeGarrette Blount left the field before the final whistle in the Pittsburgh Steelers vs Tennessee Titans game. Earlier today the Steelers cut him for "Selfish behavior."
Pittsburgh was Blount's 3rd team in five seasons and it may be his last. Quitting and/or pouting doesn't go over very well with coaches.
6) A couple other players were waived today that were critical of their teams. The Cleveland Browns waived running back Ben Tate after he complained about losing touches to two more productive running backs who just happen to be rookies.
Griping about playing time when two younger and better options exist is kind of silly.
A 31 year old number three receiver with 21 catches in 11 games should know his role and shut his mouth.
7) Did you see this from Sunday?
First off, what grown man actually wants a ball? In this case it's a ball from the opposing team that was clearly not meant for him. Is this guy gonna have this particular ball encased and have a plaque made up that reads;
I elbowed a woman and stole this football that Bengal tight end
Jermaine Gresham threw in her general direction
Cincinnati Bengals 24 - New Orleans Saints 10
There are just certain Man-Rules all men should live by and this is most certainly one of them.
- If you catch a ball at a sporting event you give it to a kid.
But in this case, you give it to the woman that it was intended for.
There is a happy ending however, not only did the classy Saints organization make sure the intended Bengal fan got a football, but the Bengals and Gresham are making sure she receives an autographed ball.
8) If J.J. Watt isn't in the running for league MVP, then the voters simply aren't paying attention.
9) We haven't looked around at any power rankings the last couple weeks, for obvious reasons, but just for kicks I wanted to see if our pals over at Mile High Report were still suffering from jilted lover syndrome.
I would say that Jay Cutler and the Chicago Bears saved their season, but I would be lying. I think the Bears get back to .500 briefly and in true Cutler fashion they will promptly lose two games and close out the season 7-9. Enjoy another "almost", Bears fans!
10) What do you think Brandon Marshall was yelling?
A - Mouse in the house!
B - I got a little fella!
C - Jay! Jay! Jay! Jay?!?
D - Throw me the damn ball!
What are your thoughts on my thoughts?