There have been a lot of calls for trading Alshon Jeffery-- and Matt Forte and Jay Cutler and all of the other best players the Chicago Bears have, for some weird reason-- but so far there hasn't really been any actual substance as to what that trade would look like.
You've got a wide receiver who missed Training Camp and preseason with a calf injury, only to be knocked out after one regular season game with a hamstring injury. And this week versus Detroit could be his 5th straight game sidelined with injury.
Jeffery is in a contract year, so unless the Bears could move him mid-season, he'll be a free agent in a few weeks. Are there really teams out there that would be willing to trade for an injured player that is due to be a free agent after this season?
Let's take a look at some recent headlines...
- Ranking all 122 professional sports franchises, as voted on by the fans. (LINK)
- Recent success is breeding confidence in the Bears. (LINK)
- Bears are inspired by Blackhawks and Cubs. (LINK)
- Stephen A. Smith talks about Jay Cutler. (LINK)
- How OC Adam Gase's plan for Jay Cutler is working. (LINK)
- A look at this week's foe: A hot mess in Motown. (LINK)
- Brad Biggs breaks down some film and drops some knowledge. (LINK)
- Kyle Long misses Ndamukong Suh. Really, he does. (LINK)
- Mike Ditka talks about Jay Cutler, Matt Forte, Vic Fangio, and the Cubbies. (LINK)
- Bears are rediscovering pride on the way to respectability. (LINK)
- Kyle Long wants to keep Cutler handsome and his hair perfect. (LINK)
Stay tuned to WCG as the day rolls on...